Got an email from OpenAI I have access to o1 beta, but still don't have access, anyone?

Hey champs

Anyone faced the same situation? How to fix?

OpenAI team, please give me access, don’t just tease :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, just checked the forum as I was getting the same with o1-preview 10 minutes ago.

However, I decided to try o1-mini just in case before I posted, and it worked first time :partying_face:. Now o1-preview is also working for me, so might have been a temporary glitch.

1 Like

I still don’t see neither in the playground :-/

Its not on the API its on the website.

I got the email and have access to the API.

Perhaps double check which account you are using and create a fresh token?

1 Like

Currently, access to o1-preview has just been expanded to Tier 4, so it may take a little more time before all Tier 4 users can use it.

3 Likes

I was using the API, but just checked, and it’s there in the playground for me also.

Tier 4 rollout here in Ireland/Europe was only a few hours ago, so might be a little later today in Bali if region by region? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just saw it in my playground. Thank you for the answers everyone!

Excited to play around with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the email as well. I am tier 4 user. I see the o1 mini and preview in playground but not using API. I updated my python package openai and also created a new token, still cant access o1 models in API. Anyone can help?

1 Like

Hi,

Are you 100% sure the API key you are generating if from the exact same Org ID that has been granted Tier 4?

To be clear, only the Org ID with Tier 4 granted can access o1-preview and mini, other Org ID’s in your account that do not have Tier 4 cannot.

Hope that helps!