Free Tokens for the Top 5 Contributors!

Hi All! We have already seen a lot of great activity in this forum and are excited for what comes next.

Over the next 2 weeks, June 22nd to July 6th, we will be awarding the top 5 contributors in this forum with 150k free davinci tokens. Contributions can be in the form of new posts, helpful and thoughtful responses, or likes on a post.

We look forward to seeing what you post!
-The OpenAI Team

26 Likes

Well this gives me motivation to try and finish my book in the next two weeks. Could this also be a precursor to a GPT-4 announcement? The rumor mill has been churning.

6 Likes

Hi, does this include posts from before this period? I’m very proud of my recent post, Philosopher AI dives deep into the meaning of life and I think it demonstrates a fascinating depth of understanding that is characteristic of GPT-3.

6 Likes

Tokens are measured in davinci-equivalent so you should be able to use Ada.

6 Likes

To be honest, I look forward to seeing more like this. It’s encouraging to the community. I’ve also been thinking of giving free credits to my alterai app for different incentives.

Kudos

3 Likes

Hi there, that is pretty cool chat you posted; the API can be quite eloquent at times.

Only contributions from June 22nd to July 6th will be considered during this particular promotion.

3 Likes

These tokens can be used with all engines.

4 Likes

Haha, this is amazing. I’m probably too late to get anything, but it’s just enough incentive to start lurking here more.

4 Likes

Just as I’ve run out of tokens :smiley: I’ll try my luck! Am working on a very interesting project in the field of UX atm so some extra tokens would come in handy for the testing phase…

3 Likes

Awesome! I usually contribute every week, but I will see what can I do in the next few days.
Regards!

2 Likes

That’s great :smiley:
I probably shouldn’t have abbreviated it - I’m just so used to just saying UX by now… I was talking about User Experience Design!
It’s an interesting field cause you need to come up with possible user personas who might use the product you are designing - I recently built a generator based on GPT-3 which comes up with different possible user types by itself and states possible wants and needs they could have when using your product. Works quite well actually but I have some additional ideas that I wanna test that could make this a whole lot more interesting!

3 Likes

Focus is more on software products - although every product provides a user experience of course. Both physical and digital products can benefit from great UX but (probably due to its training data) gpt-3 seems to lean into software products.
Next I want to try feeding GPT-3 some basic UX-Laws like „Hick‘s Law“ in hope that this leads to even better understanding of what real users need!

1 Like

Do contributions on sharing new use cases using gpt3 also get tokens?

1 Like

That’s why GPT-3 is asombroso.

what happens with this is result is out just wonder @Adam-OpenAI

2 Likes

Maybe. I had a busy week, I expected to have OpenAI Team updates in this thread :eyes:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your patience as we’ve reviewed your forum posts. We have decided on the winners of the token giveaway and are in the process of reaching out to each of them.

I’ll plan to update this thread with more details soon!

3 Likes

I am happy to announce our top 5(+1) Contributors for this event!

• m-a.schenk
  • lolrondotcom
  • IsaacTheBrave
  • PaulBellow
  • itsanishjain
  • daveshapautomator

Thank you all for being an active and supportive part of our community. :partying_face:

10 Likes

Thank you openai and everyone.
Congratulations guys

4 Likes

This would be very nice, I seem to go through a surprising number of tokens each month (when bots are chatting to each other it burns them fast).

2 Likes