GPT-4 is OpenAI’s most advanced system (and it's here...)

GPT-4 is more creative and collaborative than ever before. It can generate, edit, and iterate with users on creative and technical writing tasks, such as composing songs, writing screenplays, or learning a user’s writing style.

@here Announcing GPT-4, a large multimodal model, with our best-ever results on capabilities and alignment: GPT-4

If you are a ChatGPT Plus subscriber, you can access GPT-4 right now! If you want access via the API, you can join the waitlist: GPT-4 API waitlist

We are also giving priority API access to those who contribute evals via: GitHub - openai/evals: Evals is a framework for evaluating LLMs and LLM systems, and an open-source registry of benchmarks.

Last, join us at 1 PM PST for a developer preview of GPT-4: GPT-4 Developer Livestream - YouTube

We can’t wait to see what you think and build!

8 Likes

Thank you for the post! Just signed up for the waitlist and am sitting on the youtube channel!

2 Likes

Sign-up button confirmation is a bit washy, so I think I clicked it a few times. Sorry! :wink:

1 Like

Longer context! Plus images too?! Interesting.

1 Like

You beat me to posting the news.

Agreed that the post button doesn’t give obvious feedback that you have clicked it. (I clicked it a couple of times too)

1 Like

Signup = wonky, but got the confirmation email.

Did you read this !!! (The last sentence) YAY!!!

it is more creative than previous models, it hallucinates significantly less, and it is less biased. it can pass a bar exam and score a 5 on several AP exams. there is a version with a 32k token context.

1 Like

And so it begins. See you in the livestream, folks

2 Likes

Interesting but do I understand correctly that it still cannot access the internet for current information and cannot provide links to the source of its answers?

way too expensive for general use

1 Like

One thing to point out, which is different than the past models, is that they charge separate values for input vs. output tokens.

3 Likes

That’s super interesting. Anthropic was already doing the same with Claude. Another aspect: the rate limit at the beginning will be super aggressive. But I guess it makes sense:

2 Likes

Also wondering how many “tokens” that make up an image. Will be watching the YouTube video here shortly.

No API access, but it’s rolling out to ChatGPT…

2 Likes

100 messages per 4 hours in chatgpt for now

The API version is a similar price to a trained gpt3 davinci

2 Likes

Any idea on how many parameters GPT-4 has? I remember there was speculation on the order of 100 Trillion. But if cost on the order of a trained davinci, I’m thinking it can’t be more than 1 Trillion.

I think 1 trillion was a meme/rumor… I know another recent LLM was around 500B… I think OpenAI is working on other things besides size to improve quality and speed…

Interesting they are releasing it on 𝞹 day :crazy_face:

Oh, the YouTube video music is starting …

1 Like

It’s sweetabe for all users. So thanks management of Chatgpt A1

For more details on GPT-4, here is the GPT-4 Technical Report

2 Likes