FRAUD. My credit card was charged twice even I haven't known what this AI is at all

Hi, just found that my card was used two times for unauthorized subscription payments. 40 USD in total (2 x 20 USD). I didn’t subscribe to a Plus plan and moreover, I never used my card with ChatGPT, which means I didn’t insert any of my card details. My settings in ChatGPT show that I don’t have any subscriptions. How did this situation ever happen? Who used my card details and how and by whom they were revealed? How do I refund this sum?
And please, don’t tell me to go to OpenAI because there is no help, except the robot which is useless.

If you didn’t provide billing info to OpenAI, then you should consider your card number compromised and report it to your bank as fraud.

2 Likes

I did contact the bank. My card was not stolen, possible that my card’s details were stolen by hackers. Of course, I will report to the police but maybe here is someone from the Ai office and make it easier to find the solution.

This is just a community forum, it’s not monitored by OpenAI for support/billing issues, but that’d be up to the police to work with OpenAI to find any culprit. Not much we can do here on the forum.

1 Like

Thank you. I don’t know anything about OpenAI. Tried to contact via website - no success, only robot :slightly_frowning_face:
It’s very clear to me that Open.AI can help me with the issue as I haven’t had any other unautorized payments except those 2 on April 17 and today. Surprise surprise both are for OpenAi subscription which I don’t have even account.

OpenAI is a valuable service for scammers, so makes sense they would use stolen card numbers to buy accounts. Same as they buy gift cards from Amazon or other things. But Amazon didn’t steal the card or hack your account, same situation here.

I understand, but probably it is possible to check what OpenAI account used my card, suspend the service and give me a refund because the payment was taken in advance and my card was charged yesterday.
Do you know how to contact OpenAI if I’m not a customer? It’s funny to say that I am not when I am charged :slight_smile:

Greetings to everyone, I faced exactly the same problem with my Bank Card, i also didn’t subscribe to Plus plan and i never used my card and any subscription and i’ve never heard about chatGPT before. My investigation journey started from yesterday. The problem itself started 22th april 2023, when i recieved a message about payment of 20USD. It is OK for my country when someone stole data of bank card, it seems we have some problems with IT Security. I reopened my bank card, because this is the best way to solve a problem. I was shocked when i recieved another charge on 22th may for ChatGPT. How it possible?
When i reopened my bank account I never purchased anything online as well. So logically, this issue will keep occuring and I’ll recieve another charge on 22th of June. How do I fix it??
My bank told me that someone in my family stole my phone and etc…I created an account in chatGPT and asked bot to close this subscription, but it won’t help me, my account was new of course. Bot doesn’t understand how to help me. The only thing I could find out from the bank was the transaction number: RE889606060SE. Guys please help to unsubscribe and refund my 20USD.

1 Like