Feedback on conversation sharing / printing

I complained before (I don’t know how I found a feedback form. It seams they don’t want feedback anymore) that I can’t share conversations. They made the share feature which is great. But I want to have a hardcopy of the conversation - a pdf. A lot of people probably tried to print conversations and it just doesn’t work. So until they make something about it here is a hack:
You’ll need to add a css to a specific url. Here is a chrome extension that does that:

Lookup “User JavaScript and CSS” in google extension store

So add this css to url https://chat.openai.com/share/ :

@media print {
	main > div:nth-child(2) {
	  display: none;
	}
	.overflow-hidden {
	  overflow: visible !important;
	}
	#__next{
	    height: auto;
    }
}

Then you can print shared conversations (or use print->Save as pdf in chrome).

But please, OpenAI, if you are reading this - allow printing a conversation or even better - download a well formatted pdf maybe with option to remove background if it’s actually printed on paper to save tonner.

1 Like

I’d love to second this. The ability to easily pass along examples in email as I champion the use of ChatGPT within my company would be tremendously useful.

Based on your workaround code it appears that this is a fairly straightforward request.

the css doesn’t work for me. This should be taken up to make well formatted prints possible with customization options eg. to only print answers etc.

They have tendency to change things. I updated the css. It works on shared conversation.
Try now