External links and youtube videos

I’m using the openai api to create automated blog post. I want that blog post include external links and embedded youtube videos, but results are not good so far, links are not clickable and/or give a 404 response. And the api does not provide youtube videos. Please suggest alternative ways to automatically include links and videos inside the post, with or without the openai api.

thx

Welcome @brainogen

The links you see are model’s hallucinations.

If you want to include the the links, you’d have to supply them along with a video title/description as context to the model in the API call.

2 Likes

You mean that i’ll need to include the specific urls of videos and links that i want to include?

1 Like

Precisely, because the models don’t have access to the internet.

You can either manually include the links and descriptions or build a custom solution that uses the model to first write a query. Then, use a search API to find videos on the internet, and finally populate them for another API call that will generate content with those links.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to fix the non-clickable links as well… I’ve been experimenting with instructing the GPT to do an internet search as a mandatory step, and then show a link to the result.

@brainogen what’s the context for the adding links to the blog posts in your case? Citations or affiliate links?

Both, I want to include several types of links @jeevikagunasekaran

You are going to have to prompt the bot with the links somehow, because you can’t ask the LLM to know them in advance!

Use the LLM as a natural language processor and supply it with the facts up-front in your prompt.

A post was split to a new topic: Make GPT return clickable links in chat