Error showing in ChatGPT for past 2 days

I have been getting an error while using ChatGPT for the Past 2 days whenever I type something and enter it shows “An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.” I cleared all my browser history, cache, and cookies but the problem still exists.

Check this Video - ChatGPT.webm - Google Drive

1 Like

Same here… Id be interested to know how to fix it!

Hey, guys. Welcome to the community.

As it’s still in beta, there’s still times when it goes down or is not available. Best bet is to try again a bit later. They’re getting millions of people hitting the servers, and it’s not easy to keep it giving out requests.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’ve also been seeing this error intermittently. It does seem like a temporary error due to lots of
traffic.

I find that you can often circumvent the issue by opening ChatGPT in a new tab. If you still see the error, try waiting a little while like Paul suggested.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply i am unable to use Chat GPT on a Chrome browser for almost 4 days now. I checked it on Mozilla today and it working fine, problem occurs only while using it on chrome browser.

The issue is fixed now. I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and it started working again. I think the problem was created because of the Chrome VPN extension I was using.

Been having this issue for the last 4 months. I am using brave browser both on my laptop and mobile phone.

The issue only happens on my laptop, mobile phone is fine.
Why does this issue keep occurring and what is the solution?