Error code 429 (Exceeded quota) with paid plan + 10$ in account

Hi all,

I’m trying to run the simplest following code, however I am getting a 429 error:
RateLimitError: Error code: 429 - {‘error’: {‘message’: ‘You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.’, ‘type’: ‘insufficient_quota’, ‘param’: None, ‘code’: ‘insufficient_quota’}}

This is very strange because I just added $10 to my balance, and it is telling me that I exceeded my current quota. I haven’t been able to do any request, so I’m not sure how I could have possibly exceeded my quota. Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

I don’t believe it’s instant. You might give it a few. Is the card still tied to the account? New card?

If you still have issues, reach out to help.openai.com as we’re a developer forum and can’t help with account issues.

Good luck!

Is the little status widget not popping up for everybody when people log in to the forum?

Hey folks! I was tracking and replying in this thread: Probable OpenAI Bug: Insufficient Quota Error on Paid Account with Available Balance - #71 by logankilpatrick the issue has since been resolved, thanks for hanging in there with us.

1 Like