Custom GPTs: Knowledge files don't get persisted

Does anyone know how we can determine if Open AI is even aware of this issue or if it’s being resolved? I understand this isn’t technically their “help center,” and they don’t monitor this for issues. But I also have understood through reading other forums that there is no easy way to get assistance from anyone at Open AI. Maybe they’ll build a customer service GPT…

1 Like

Hello,

We would indeed like to know if Open AI is aware of this issue.

There doesn’t seem to be a place where they post the problems listed as well as the fix progress.

You should send a message to the Help Center here:

You have to use the chat at the bottom right and click on a few options before you can leave a message.

That’s what I did personally, but it would be better if more of us contacted them.

I also sent a message to one of the community forum leaders for the GPT category. I’ll let you know if I get a response.

1 Like

This seems to happen with invalid files.
PDF’s for example, not all PDFs are created equal
Printing them with your PDF printdriver doesnt always yield a readable document.
its also possible that, the one file that fit that qualifier spondaneously deleted itself, and its a total coincidence. (not sarcasm)

Same. My images are also being removed that DALL-E made.

Hi,

Not necessarily. My disappearing file is a simple “txt” file.

When a PDF file is not “up to standard”, uploading just doesn’t work.

And what about the boxes (capacities) that uncheck themselves?

No, there’s a bug somewhere.

Same - Mine was a word document. So don’t think the issue is file format specific.

It seems like maybe this is fixed now? Haven’t had any missing files for the last couple of days…

1 Like

Same happens to me with capability boxes unchecked mysteriously

1 Like

This thread spooked me, so I just went to check my custom GPTs: All knowledge files and capabilities settings are there and intact. In case it is a file/size issue, mine hold just 8 or 9 PDF files each with a total size of about 10Mb.

Just asking: Are those of you having problems sharing your GPTs publicly, or are they private to you?

Hi,

The GPT I am having an issue with is private.