Creating a Mortgage database/helpdesk

Hello, I am looking to build a help desk for our website where users can query about mortgage guidelines, company lenders we use, product knowledge. The custom got us working fairly well but I want to make one we can embed in our website. The issue I see is I’ve already uploaded probably 5k pages of info it would need to check through, seems like with the assistant version it’s different and could cost a lot to do it?

What is the best way to go about this, extremely open to suggestions on how to get to the chosen endpoint.

2 Likes

The cheapest way to do this is to use chat completions API, implement your own RAG and code everything. But this is a common demand so I wonder if some service already offers some white label chatbot out there where you can upload your own data and use it on your own website.

3 Likes

If it works as a GPT, it should also work through the assistants API, so I suggest trying that first, but I can definitely recommend this:

I takes a little longer, but you get the ability to adjust everything exactly as you’d like :heart:

The best would be to use the Assistant API then build a chatbot over it!

I can recommend you a tool called OpenAssistantGPT with this app you’ll be able to import your guidelines and then you ca create a chatbot that you can add to any website.

I’ll give this a try, thank you! The issue we’re having is the consistency of responses. Mortgage guidelines can be complex and selling guidelines etc can be thousands of pages long. We have tried some of the bots, mindstudio/botpress/ botsonic, which botsonic is the best but we have been getting really good feedback from the custom gpt, but so far w the assistant gpt in their playground it’s completely different.

We may be best off using botsonic, we need the ability to call on URLs too which it does. Bc we want the data to be always updating. We have a steep ask but it’s 2024 there should be a way.

1 Like

Yeah, if you need very accurate answers from thousands of pages, then you really need to build, test and benchmark your own RAG system to make sure it works properly.

I can recommend using ragas for testing the retrieval aspects, although it can be a little cumbersome to get running properly.

https://docs.ragas.io/en/stable/

1 Like

I built my own Saas white label boutique and comprehensive solution for branding, copy, social media marketing and coaching.

It can be converted into any niche. Your subscribers can build their own teams as well. (I know there is a Realtor who has a white label store.)

I write personality assessment + learning assignment tools and emotional regulation support assistants for my site, as well as for coaches and consultants. It was so bare bones last fall, that it took weeks to figure out my phrasing. Now it’s far more plug & play with collections of prompts/assistants that owners can install to start fast. You can build amazing assistants easily, as well.

Happy to connect you with guy who built the reseller platform or give you a free tour on my platform. I chat with the founder several times a week about user needs.

I see that there is always a lot of confusing around this. Anything you make as a GPT can automatically be created as an “Assistant”. The only difference is that you have to provide the UI, etc. You can plug ni the same instructions, files, functions.