WordPress - Chatbot & Assistant API

Hello everyone!

I’m currently developing an apartment rental website on WordPress and am in need of some guidance. I plan to integrate a chatbot onto the site, ideally using the Assistant API. This would enable the chatbot to have a knowledge base, fed through a PDF document detailing all the specifics of the apartments.

The challenge is, I’d also like the chatbot to automatically check a URL daily to update itself with the availability of each apartment, thereby providing the most accurate advice to users. I’m concerned that such “dynamic” knowledge updating isn’t possible with the Assistant API.

Here are my two questions:

• Does anyone have suggestions for implementing a system that allows for “dynamic” knowledge updating (possibly via a URL)?
  • Are there any WordPress plugins available that integrate with the “Assistant API”? I haven’t found any as of yet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Likes

You can write a cron job within your wordpress setup that fetches data from wherever and format it however you want your prompt context to be.

I don’t think you even need the assistants API to do this.

I haven’t seen an assistants API wordpress plugin, but I’m sure people are working on it.

Also, for a chatbot, the assistants API doesn’t support streaming, yet, so heads up there.

2 Likes

As zenz said, you could use a cron job for this. You could have a script that grabs the content from the URL and stores in a database each day (langchain has document loaders for this and there are plenty web-scraping packages out there). Then you can pass this data into your model in the prompt (via Assistants API or any other model). Not sure about the second one!

2 Likes

Really hoping you WP wizards stick around! :wink:

We had an interesting thread the other day about auth…

1 Like

Want to follow this thread to see if/when assistants API powered wordpress plugins will be released. @mathieu.turbulences please post if you find one.

Btw, just found one AI Engine: The AI Plugin for WordPress but haven’t tried it yet as Assistant API is only available in PRO (paid) version. Just asked the plugin developer how the API is being used.

2 Likes

Have you heard back, im curious on the developers response?

This is the last one - " As of today, AI Engine with OpenAI assistants is limited to regular API requests. However, you can create more advanced chatbots using the AI Engine dashboard and implement this behavior yourself through custom filters. You can check this documentation for some examples"

1 Like

I found the project OpenAssistantGPT, I was able to implement their chatbot in my wordpress site. The backend of this cahtbot is OpenAI assistant it is working great!

1 Like

I think the suggestion that was already provided to setup some kind of cron that updates your own database is a good start.

Once you have the structured information in your own database, it is then easier to create an API endpoint that can then be used by an Assistant to fetch up-to-date details during interaction with a user.

I am currently hacking out some ways to simplify integrating Assistant chatbots on the web. Will share more soon when I have a beta version of the hack.

I looking for (or have to build) a chatmod for our commuity. Think like discord where you just @themod and then it engages. So it would have to be an app authorization/login password to the moderator user account. But I am stuck. Ideas?

Its working perfectly here too! Thanks!

1 Like