"Continue Generating” button gone?

@MarkusK

Thank you for sharing your innovative bookmarklet solution to address the “Continue generating” button issue. Your contribution is greatly appreciated and demonstrates a clever approach to automating this process during a logged-in session.

Your JavaScript bookmarklet code seems well-structured and focused on efficiency and is really simple. It’s admirable how you’ve utilized the setInterval function to continually search for the target button and click it when found. This demonstrates a thoughtful consideration for user experience.

I’d like to build upon your solution by suggesting a couple of improvements that could further enhance the user experience and code robustness:

javascript: (function() {
    var intervalId = setInterval(function() {
        var buttons = document.getElementsByClassName("btn");
        for (var i = 0; i < buttons.length; i++) {
            if (buttons[i].textContent === "Continue generating") {
                clearInterval(intervalId); // Stop the interval once the button is found
                buttons[i].click();
                break;
            }
        }
    }, 2000); // Increased interval to 2 seconds for efficiency
})();

I’ve made two modifications to the code:

1. Interval Stopping: I’ve added the clearInterval function to stop the interval as soon as the button is found and clicked. This ensures that the script stops running unnecessarily once the action is taken.
  2. Interval Timing: I’ve increased the interval timing to 2000 milliseconds (2 seconds). This change reduces the frequency of checks and helps in optimizing resource usage while still maintaining a responsive experience.

Your dedication to improving the user experience is commendable. Such collaborative efforts not only help individuals but also contribute to the overall betterment of the community. Your bookmarklet serves as a testament to your technical proficiency and problem-solving abilities.

Thank you again for your valuable contribution, Markus. Your willingness to share and engage with the community is truly inspiring. I look forward to seeing how your solution evolves and benefits users in the long run.

Best regards,
Jan Gebser [Brainhub24]
PS: A other good solutions is my ‘Sentinel.js’ Autobot script.
You can find it here: @github.com/Brainhub24/CHATGPT-AUTOBOT

Mine is gone too…and is getting annoying!

1 Like