Cmd + S to save on vscode stops working immediately after installing chatgpt macos App

Here’s the repro:

• Have vscode open with file ready to edit.
  • Install chatgpt macos app. Login to the app. Now that app is setup switch to vscode.
  • Edit a file in vscode and try to save it using Cmd + S. It fails to save.
  • Quit the chatGPT app.
  • Now try saving the file in vscode using Cmd +S. It works.
  • After that you can restart chatGPT app and the problem of using Cmd +S to save does not happen. It only happens right after install.

I followed the macos steps to replace my View->Toggle Sidebar keyboard shortcut for ChatGPT to Option-Command-S : Hide or show the Sidebar.

13 Likes

Having the same issue. Cmd + S doesn’t work in any app while the ChatGPT App is open. Restarting ChatGPT seemed to fix it as you said.

1 Like

To add clarification to this, VS Code still registers the key binds as they show when you do keybind troubleshooting. You can do cmd+shift+s for save as just fine. The app has to have some key bind set for cmd+s.

I have the same issue :frowning:

1 Like

I have the same issue.
Restarting chatGPT app fixed it for me.

1 Like

Also having the same issue in SublimeText.

the same to me, after install chatgpt app and run it for the first time

Fixed in the latest update.

1 Like

Just checked if I’m already on the last version:
Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 12.05.23
But the bug is still present.

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue,
Apple M2 Max
macOS sonoma

Its bit annoying when one could not save anything using cmd + s
force exiting open ai app resolved my issue.

Restarting helped as @prolyx already mentioned.

Same here, It is really anoying.

It seems they have fixed in this version:
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 11.44.29

This was a gnarly bug. Spent some time thinking I was nuts when my changes weren’t being reflected. VS Code could do with a more obvious indication when a file has pending changes. I only figured it out when I tried to close the file and it asked me if I wanted to save.

I am facing the same issue too. CMD + S doesn’t work anywhere and not just on vscode

Also observed this issue. Restarting ChatGPT app fixed it

Me and a colleague have restarted both computers, tried restarting the ChatGPT Desktop Application several times along with restarting VSCode several times, and the issue persists after all these efforts.

Mac Sonoma 14.4.1
VSCode Version: 1.89.1 (Universal)

How could such a desctructive behavior be allowed by the OpenAI team? Any combination of the meta key (cmd) and s will not work now.

We have also tried disabling the launcher shortcut, as well as deleting the ChatGPT install on the mac entirely.

Very shocked this is the state of release for this OpenAI integration.

Came here and find out that I’m not alone. Turned off the application, now the problem fixed. Seems it’s too soon to install the app.

Same behaviour (not limited to VSCode, system-wide cmd-s shortcut stopped working and resumed after relaunching the app)

Sonoma 14.1, MBP M2

Same behavior and it is system wide. Normal behavior resumes after quitting the application.