ChatPDF.com - Chat with any PDF using the new ChatGPT API

Looks cool :slight_smile: there is an open-source alternative (also supports github repo or by api):

1 Like

I have a questoin everytime I upload a photo of a pdf it says it cant read it? I sent it a finacial table with wording on what was needed to be done yet its unable to prefrom past the pdf. Anyone have any idea why its doing this or what to do?

1 Like

I started using chatpdf today and it’s awesome am now a paid plus user because of how awesome the tool is and how it helps me with my college studies.

But i have a question my pdf is around 40 pages but it says it’s from 6-28 pages long also most of the time it refers to a page it always have the wrong content.

For example it will say according to page 5 Agile Project management definition is blah blah blah. when actually it’s not mentioned in page 5 but in page 3.

1 Like

For some reason, the PDF cannot be uploaded. Size is also within range.

1 Like

@xathis do you provide a code snippet to embed the tool on a website? we would def subscribe to the paid version of this is doable. - DM for more details if interested, we can re-sell chatPDF in LATAM and reach a large number of merchants if this can be used for embedded CS chats

1 Like

First of all, thank you for making a great program!

I want to integrate Chat PDF service into my web service, when will the integrated API be released?

Please reply! Have a good day ^^

1 Like

Hello. I love ChatPDF. Is there a way to upload a PDF and share the link with someone else so they can ask questions about the PDF without having to upload it themselves?

1 Like

I used this program and noticed two problems. The first one is understandable, but the second one worries me.

1: When uploading a PDF with scanned text in black and white, the program does not detect the text. For example, many government institutions publish documents on their transparency website that contain signed text, but the image quality is not clear enough to be detected.

2: This problem worries me even more. When I ask questions, the program responds with information that is not related to my question. For example, I asked it to give me a list of all the people mentioned in a document, but it omitted several names. When I corrected the tool, I realized that there were indeed some missing names. The curious thing is that when I copy and paste the text directly into ChatGPT, it does detect all the names. I think the program’s interface may be interfering with its ability to read the entire text.

Additionally, the program sometimes invents data or combinations. For example, in a document, the name of an association was mentioned and the program invented a different name, even though the true name of the association was obvious. In contrast, when I ran the same test on ChatGPT, it worked correctly.

In summary, I think this tool is good and one of the first of its kind, but it would be helpful if it were improved so that people who conduct research and analysis can rely 100% on the information it provides.

1 Like

May I inquire if the previously mentioned issue has been successfully resolved with the prompt engineering changes?"

1 Like

bienvenidos al articulo " los limites del DIH a las armas autonomas"! Este documento explora las restricciones del derecho intrenacional humanitario en relacion con las armas autonomas. Esperamos que encuentre esta informacion util y esclarecedora

1 Like

I need pdf api, please contact me via email, zhuj96021@gmail.com

1 Like

Unfortunately, for me, chat pdf.com is not coming back with the correct information from the PDF. I have tried pdfgpt[.]io and that brings back the correct information. It’s annoying because Chatpdf allows me to share the chat for others to engage in the chat with the PDF, which PDFGPT[.io] does not allow this.

Another feature I like about pdfchat is the references, where you can click the reference to see it directly in the PDF for clarification. I wish these two products could merge to get one really great solution.

2 Likes

I am having the same issues with incorrect information being displayed, and some “invented” information was generated, not part of the PDF content at all.

Do you happen to have plugins? We’ve been seeing some amazing results by uploading PDF’s, processing them, embedding and storing the data in Redis and building a plugin off it. It seems that with Plugins, the hallucination is a lot less frequent which makes sense.

2 Likes

This is awesome! Your pricing is very generous too.

At my company we do this. It requires you to create a chat service that blends ChatGPT and your PDF content in ways that meet your requirements. Unfortunately, ChatPDF has no API; it is what it is. And at $5/mo you’re not likely to see the “perfect” vision you painted.

Your options are to build it from scratch, use this to help build it from scratch, or move upstream to a platform (such as CustomGPT) designed to achieve your requirements. Of course, it costs a lot more, but CustomGPT is industrial strength with a very robust API.

I’ve successfully integrated CustomGPT with Google Workspaces and Drive to accommodate dozens of documents that are changing all the time. I’ve also managed to defend against hallucinations and even blend web access into the experience.

1 Like

This is so cool! We 're building a no code tool that allows users to build a plugin with their PDF’s, and other forms of structured and unstructured data, that enables this functionality as well. Feedback would be great! How to Chat with your Data using Mantium

1 Like

Is this thread being astroturfed? I mean, come on already.

@logankilpatrick

I found this other site that also highlights where in the document the answers are coming from. Super helpful. www.threesigma.ai

1 Like

It is still happening, it makes some answers up as it goes along, and mixes them with perfectly good information.

3 Likes