ChatPDF.com - Chat with any PDF using the new ChatGPT API

I tried ChatPDF and thought is was really easy to use and could be quite valuable in my workflow. It worked fine at the “free level” but I wanted to try it on a larger document and it said I need to use the paid version. When I tried to subscribe, I was told my credit card was declined (it is fine) and that I should instead try to use a debit card. I mean no disrespect for the OP, but this is a highly suspicious response and I would suggest you look into it as it could have negative impact on your reputation.

I think its a brilliant start.

Here is what I, and many of my colleagues, would pay for:
Have an Account, upload multiple PDFs (50-100 scientific papers and books) chat to get answers from the papers and it absolutely would need to be able to always tell the source documents for proper quoting.
The papers should remain in my account as a project, which I can add more to later. I should be able to have multiple projects.
I’d pay for this, it would be ok if I had to provice my own openai and pinecone APIs.

3 Likes

This is a pattern that will be in high demand for many years. It’s the same pattern that drew me to ChatPDF and CustomGPT. I was more deeply drawn to GPT Embeddings and Pinecone to create really custom solutions. Then I realized that CustomGPT had an API and a roadmap that will compress the development effort for this pattern.

I’m not sure if CustomGPT can also accept links to source documents, but perhaps @alden can speak to this requirement.

1 Like

Yes i noticed that some answers where not from de PDF, came form the chatGPT … i made an experiment asking something that i know is out of the PDF and then i got a answer from de IA, not the PDF

2 Likes

Similar situation to me, the message was that ChatPDF cannot read the entire book … What !!

1 Like

It does complete alteration. The whole response was hallucinations. I tried uploading a resume and it gave different informations

2 Likes

great!I would like to know, regarding the summary and possible questions, do I need to send all the contents of the pdf to gpt-4? The cost will be huge

I uploaded my resume . Its not giving any answer , just telling answer is not in the context

1 Like

Hey I loved this app, it looks cool. I did ask it to represent the data in “Tabular Format” it was able to comprehend it, but failed to represent it. May be something you can look to address.

1 Like

Also can I chat with multiple PDFs at the same time?

1 Like

Greetings, I am a physician from Thailand.
First and foremost, I would like to express my gratitude for your diligent efforts in developing the remarkable ChatPDF tool. I have attempted to utilize it with PDFs pertaining to research articles and medical textbooks, but have observed inaccuracies in the conclusions drawn by the tool. I believe that hallucinations may contribute significantly to these issues. Addressing this concern would greatly assist me in efficiently reviewing more medical research

2 Likes

Whoa! He did this using GPT3? Or even GPT3.5-turbo? If so, he definitely deserves Major Kudos! I was sure he was working with GPT4 to achieve the results I was getting from my PDF. @ xathis You the man!

As @raul_pablo_garrido_c has mentioned in the thread, you can use the Edge browser, open any pdf file and chat with it. If you have multiple files, join them using free tools on the internet and upload the joined file and chat with it. And it’s free and fast :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Do you have any thoughts on a premium version to secure the data uploaded in the pdfs for potentially confidential information? Eg, legal papers?

2 Likes

Bonjour ! J’espère que tu passes une bonne journée jusqu’à présent. Je voulais juste prendre un moment pour te dire bonjour et te souhaiter une journée merveilleuse. Prends soin de toi et n’hésite pas à me contacter si tu as besoin de quoi que ce soit.

We’ve had great results so far with CustomGPT - feel free to play with our CyberLandr FAQ chatbot based on this system. We built and hosted it in a simple Firebase page and will be integrating it into our next website release.

We also built a development process around CustomGPT and its API for testing and shaping the data to be very precise about its responses. We used Coda to do this.

3 Likes

Yes. This edge feature reduces the need to copy manually from a pdf, as it’s currently with chatgpt.

I noticed that ChatPDF has a summary feature. I’m wondering what the API strategy is for summarizing large documents given a OpenAI model 4K token limitation per call?

Really great tool, one suggestion is to make the output support markdown so that it can render code blocks or tables. Thanks for creating such a fantastic tool!

1 Like

Looks cool :slight_smile: there is an open-source alternative (also supports github repo or by api):

1 Like