ChatGPT Is Forgetting Information From the Same Conversation

I am experiencing a serious issue with the Android version of ChatGPT. The longer a conversation becomes, the more often the app seems to lose track of information that was already discussed. Instead of continuing the conversation from where it left off, it sometimes behaves as if important parts of the chat had never been provided.

This leads to repeated questions, missing details, continuity problems, and situations where I have to provide information again even though it is already present earlier in the same conversation. In some cases, ChatGPT even states that it cannot access previous parts of the chat.

This problem has been happening for three weeks and still has not been resolved. I have been using ChatGPT for almost three years, and this has never been the normal behavior for me. I frequently use long conversations, so being able to maintain previous context is essential to my experience.

I have already tried several possible solutions on my own. I reinstalled the app multiple times, updated my phone, cleared both the cache and app data, and even tested ChatGPT with a different account. The problem continued after all of these attempts.

Please investigate this as a technical issue affecting conversation context on Android. The current behavior makes long conversations unreliable and forces users to repeatedly provide information that has already been shared. I would like this issue to be properly investigated and fixed, as I have already been dealing with this problem for three weeks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.