[ChatGPT]GPT-4 not working

I am a plus user and I am currently unable to use GPT-4.

Every time I try to use GPT-4, I encounter the following error:

Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com

GPT-3.5 is working fine.

Please help me check what the issue might be.

UPDATE:
Clear some of the chat history, then GPT4 works fine again.
It is suspected that it is caused by the historical information.
Everyone can try this method for temporary solutions before openai fix this issue.

13 Likes

I have been experiencing the same issue all weekend with GPT-4, as have many others. There are several other threads posted about it here in the forums. There seems to be no issue with GPT-3.5, but that’s not the one we’re paying for.

:slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

For more than 24 hrs. I have been having the same issue.

5 Likes

Getting same error it’s been more then 24 hours since I am getting this same error

3 Likes

Hey, been having the same issue, I am a plus ChatGPT plus subscriber from the UK, so not sure why it isn’t working for the past 12 hours. It did work on the 1st April for me jsut fine, last time I tried using it. If anyone has solved this isse, please do let me know.

1 Like

Same here!
I’m facing the same issue for more than 3 days!

2 Likes

Exactly same issue for me for past three days.

1 Like

Same here. I am a Plus member as well. It stopped working since 2 days now for me.

2 Likes

The same… GPT-4 is not working in Malaysia for almost 48 hours to date,

1 Like

I thought I was the only one! Not working for me too. Been trying since yesterday.

1 Like

I met the same problem. Does any one knows how to solve the issue?

not working for me either…

Are we going to get reimbursed?

The support hasn’t been great from the provider. Could be improved by simply giving a notice that explains it is down since when and until when it will remain down. So that the user knows what to expect.

5 Likes

Same issue here. Its been broken for me for several days now. My roommate also has plus and gpt-4 works perfectly fine for him. Its only gpt-4 that doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

GOD this is frustrating. Why pay for something that keeps breaking? I get that it’s newer, but come on. I’ve also noticed that it’s replies (when it does work) are WAY shorter. Not cool.

2 Likes

Same problem , gpt4 hasn’t been working since Friday

1 Like

Yep. Same here. Hasn’t been working for anyone. Discord help is no help as they just keep telling us to read the ToS and that they can’t guarantee that what we paid for will work. No announcements from OpenAI just tens of millions of people wondering when what they paid for will work. How is this legal?

2 Likes

Same problem here, not working since this morning.

2 Likes

im having the exact same issue now its been more than 24 hours

2 Likes

yep, same thing for > 48hs.

2 Likes

ME TOO Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Only GPT-4 does not work at all. v3.5 works no problem.
The cursor blinks for a long time in a teasing way… then errors out.

This is true for EVERY browser imaginable, from multiple computers, multiple sites, and from my cell phone.

3 Likes