ChatGPT Desktop: Issue with Apple's autocorrect on Mac

EDIT (June 22, 2024): There is a temporary solution posted by @habedibubu - there is no official fix for this as of version 1.2024.163.


In the desktop Mac app for ChatGPT, sometimes when I write code, Apple will automatically adjust the spelling/capitalization stuff when I don’t want to.

For instance, I want to write:
What do these commands do: ffuf, curl ?

How Apple will autocorrect it:
What do these commands do: fluff, curl ?

It auto-corrects ffuf to fluff.

Similar issues can be found with proper nouns.

Want:
var name = "john"

Got:
var name = "John"


FWIW: I disabled this setting in my System Setting’s already but the setting doesn’t work at all.

Is there a way to mitigate this issue?


Thanks for any insight!

I am experiencing the same issue. Despite extensive research, I couldn’t find a solution.

Same over here… even in other languages like German or Swiss German for instance.

same here - this should be considered a bug

That drove me nuts too. You can disable it by just rightclicking on a word you just typed in the text field and then under “Spelling and Grammar” untick “Correct Spelling Automatically”

Thanks! This did the trick.

Should these settings persist?

Thank you so much, I was about to lose my mind.

Same problem here! Slovak / English language.
Very bad user experience.

Same here, very annoying issue.

Same issue. Infuriating when trying to ask a question about anything with acronyms or other non-words.

I started writing “aws appsync” and it autocorrected it to “was a–sync”. Correcting the autocorrections takes more time than writing the entire query.