ChatGPT 4o cant access files

So I am using ChatGPT4o and for the past few days it will no longer examine or analyze my files. Previously I could upload my 8+ programming files and it would analyze those files and give me advice etc, now it just struggles on 2 or 3 files then just stops where eventually I just have to upload the code instead. Constantly happening. I could upload a small video, it would analyze the video and report back, now it just can’t even do that. Any advice please?

Hi,

ChatGPT has never been able to look through videos.

It may be gaining some insight from the filename of the video file that gets linked but not more than that. The code files should be included, but there have been a few reports of files not getting added correctly, hopefully that will be addressed.

2 Likes

ffmpeg is one of my favorite tools for processing and handling videos.
It has nothing to do with ChatGPT, but if you are interested, please check it out.

Can you please elaborate what you mean when you say “analyse” video?

1 Like

Seriously none of you have had ChatGPT analyze a video, its back to working again, so that is good. It analyzes the frames and describes what is going on. Now to get the files back to working.

Can you name a video “man_rides_a_bicycle,mpg” and have the actual video of a loaf of bread being sliced (or anything that’s not a bicycle) and see what ChatGPT says about it?