Chatbot with OpenAI API and WhatsApp

Has anyone ever successfully built a chatbot that operates with the OpenAI API and Whatsapp?

How complex is it to obtain the API for Whatsapp, especially for a super small community?

2 Likes

Hi
Obtain Whatsapp API is easy just create à whatsapp business account and create an app
Search for this video 2022 WhatsApp Cloud API getting started - setup the cloud API | Step by Step

1 Like

Is there a way without whatsapp cloud API?

It seems painful to get the API if you dont have business.

Hello! To use the OPENAI API without much effort, you can try installing this application called WhatsAuto - Reply (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guibais.whatsauto), but it’s only for Android OS. Activate the options requested by the application and you will be able to easily configure it to respond to incoming WhatsApp messages using artificial intelligence. Regards

You could use Twilio. There is a cost associated with this service, but it may be a good solution.

2 Likes

I have found github progect called whatsapp-chatgpt askrella/whatsapp-chatgpt
But the docker not work for me :face_vomiting:

Yes - 100%
I took this 1 step further and used AI ‘whisper’ to listen to voice notes and reply.

Could you tell me more about it?
Did you used whisper or someting else?

Yeah whisper for the speech to text - When an inbound message comes in, it’s in ogg format. Had amazing results - even with different languages.
The text part is then sent to 3.5 turbo for a reply.
I was thinking of sending a voice note back, using the AI text to voice - however might be too soon - got to ease in the AI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember what is very important is the message log. Most are under the impression OpenAI stores the replies, this is not the case.
So you need a db to retain the convo and include it in each AI request.

did you follow some tutorials or all did you self?

Thanks for sharing!

I’ve done it using Twilio. Fairly straightforward to set up. You don’t need business registration verification unless initially until you are over a certain amount of users and you want to send significant developer-initiated messages, which is usually not the case with AI bots; AI bots tend to be user initiated.

Twilio and even directly using Whatsapp business API, are not cheap though especially if you have a lot of volume of messages - dwarfs the API cost from OpenAI (GPT3.5 anyway).

I believe Meta is rolling out something in beta that will make this easier, but I don’t have access to that yet; it’s something you could apply to. AI Experiences on Business Platform | WhatsApp Business

1 Like

Hi, can you help? I am stuck in Twilio, Replit, to OpenAI Assistants.

yes we created for customers with our platform Kommunicate
Create OpenAI bot by connecting it using your OpenAI access key
Then connect your WhatsApp number, send a message to WhatsApp, OpenAI bot will respond.

Hi! Yes. I released a WhatsApp chatbot in my country last April and I have ~18K users. Most from LATAM but I get users from ~40 different countries.

I also make custom WhatsApp chatbots for companies. I’m currently making WhatsApp chatbots with the Assistants API.

1 Like

What kind of third party service did you used to connect API with whatsapp?

Would you mind sharing a link to check your service or the bot?

would be happy to have a look.

Can you set, so the bot is in the group or 1vs1 in interaction with you ?

and whatever you text to bot it saves on sheets?

checkout kommunicate .io
Its our own product that lets companies connect OpenAI with WhatsApp, Facebook, Mobile Apps and other channels.

Sure:

eva.curador.ai

First time users get 3min for free. After that you need to buy minutes.