Chat.openai for several students

Hello, I am a computer science teacher in a technical high school. I would like to use chat.openai in my lessons but there is a problem. When several students try to create an account on chat.openai using school computers connected in one Internet network, a message appears that there are too many users using the same IP address. And there is no way to go further. Is there any way for several students to be able to use chat.openai at the same time?

1 Like

If the students have internet on their phone, and the computers do have wifi connection, I would suggest that each student creates an wifi hotspot and connect to it the computer: this way each connection will have a different ip address.

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried reaching out to support? They might be able to whitelist you or give you a workaround.

https://help.openai.com/en/

Good luck!

1 Like

I am very interested in this topic as well. Most of the products I use support a classroom environment, but I have not been able to establish an effective classroom environment for ChatGPT. I have tried reaching out to Open.ai but have been unsuccessful to date. I like the product and believe teaching students this technology would benefit Open.ai.
Having spent over 30 years in the software industry, I know what a difference having a student population versus your product can mean to future sales.
I am excited to see where this conversation goes next considering the amount of funding that government is pouring into AI-driven education.