Chat gpt says ive used gpt-4’s cap, but im on 3.5, and it wont work

I was trying to use gpt, but it kept giving me these error messages. I dont use gpt-4, im on gpt 3.5. I also clicked used default model, but it still isnt working. How do i fix this?

14 Likes

I have the same issue, while also not paying for the subscription and not having access to gpt4

7 Likes

Same. Looks like they know already. You will just have to wait.

Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue of elevated errors in ChatGPT.
Apr 10, 2024 - 12:45 PDT

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue, despite never using gpt-4.

5 Likes

same here, it seemingly has ran into some sort of problem i can’t even create chats.

2 Likes

Same here receiving the same message and not on 4 but 3.5. Ask me to use default and I am getting same response.

4 Likes

I can’t use chat gpt too. When will this problem be fixed?

1 Like

most probably, i don’t know how long this will be fixed since they are already working on it, the last time this sort of thing happened it usually took a couple hours.

You can keep an eye on the current status here: https://status.openai.com/

4 Likes

Me too, I tried on Safari, chrome, incognito mode and logging in.

1 Like

literally googled problems, thank God someone posted it 13 mins ago too haha

2 Likes

Same issue here. Never had GPT 4. When trying to use the free GPT 3.5 model I get "You’ve reached the current usage cap for GPT-4. You can continue with the default model now, or try again later. "

1 Like

I’ve had this issue for more than 4 minutes now, wondering long it’s going to take to fix it? I tried askign chatgpt but it just gave the same error again

I noticed this issue 5 minutes ago and checked out Google! It seems it is everyone’ issue

1 Like

to be honest it usually takes hours from the last “unexpected error has occurred” but this could take some fixing. i had it about 15 minutes ago, i don’t know what to do, i’ve tried incognito and even use a different search engine but nope completely broken.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been dealing with this too, it’s been going on for at least an hour now.

I have the same issue here and I’ve tried with many other e-mails and private naviguation. Nothing works.

1 Like

Is it possible to know when the issue will be fixed? I have the same issue.

Mr GPT is sick he need i doctor i tgink alot of users are in same situation just hope that this problem will be sorted fast i was working and pouf nothing work anymore

I’m glad other people are talking about this because I’ve never signed up for 4 and I’m still getting this error message even when I try to go back to default. I just wanna study with 3.5 :frowning:

1 Like