Can I integrate chat gpt with my website

is this possible to add chat gpt to your website if yes how we can do this will this impact my website in ranking

You can’t add ChatGPT as that is OpenAI’s web offering, you could put a GPT powered bot making use of the API to create a bot that is similar, not sure what ranking impact that would have, you’d also have to be carful about who gets to use the bot, as there are technology export restrictions and other international agreements and laws covering who can and cannot access the OpenAI services.

A good way to integrate your app is to use this curl to ask OpenAI Chat to build a page you can integrate into your app.

Just use this to get codex started for you

#!/bin/sh # Execute the curl command silently and save the result to a variable response=(curl -s https://api.openai.com/v1/chat/completions \ -H "Content-Type: application/json" \ -H "Authorization: Bearer (cat /etc/keys/key.txt)" \ -d “{ "model": "gpt-3.5-turbo", "messages": [ { "role": "system", "content": "None" }, { "role": "assistant", "content": "None" }, { "role": "assistant", "content": "$1" } ], "temperature": 1, "max_tokens": 256, "top_p": 1, "frequency_penalty": 0, "presence_penalty": 0 }”)

Use this link to put this script in bash and talk to the api talkeetna.info/ish

Wait, what laws are talking about exactly? If you use the API you have a OpenAI GPT ChatBot. I am not sure about ranking either Google Search Console might help

Artificial Intelligence services are an export restricted technology as defined by the US Government, that means that you have to get licenced to supply those services to restricted countries, it’s part of the reason why there is a list of supported countries on the OpenAI website, some countries simply do not want AI to be available to their populations, so those rules have to be respected legally.

So if you provide AI services to the public, you have a due diligence duty to ensure you are not providing those AI services to restricted areas, lest your account be suspended/terminated.

1 Like

Wow that is news to me. Sounds a lot like what encryption tech was a long time ago. Who maintains the IP block list I will need to firewall my bot. I am surprised I am just now learning about this, I know for fact I see traffic from places I don’t want to see, is there a IP block list maintained by OpenAI? They must have one in front of their VIP.

OpenAI make use of the services provided by Cloudflare for this purpose, plus additional IP blocking services no doubt.

1 Like

I went and looked at cloud flare looks expensive, I being a lone wolf probably could use Digital Oceans firewall if OpenAI would publish a list of IP addresses they want blocked for legal reasons. I am sure the technical support there can help me configure it quickly. I don’t want to break the law or let our enemies have any access.

If you are using any kind of digital content management service, this kind of thing is built in, you could use one of the reverse proxies for location data I guess, build up a list of allowed country codes against that.

1 Like

I am going to search for a list of countries and identify their IP’s using the geolocation tools.

GPT4 says “ OpenAI hasn’t publicly specified any list of countries that are not permitted to access GPT-4 or any of its versions. Access might be restricted based on U.S government regulations or local jurisdiction”

So I need to search the FCC first perhaps

GPT4 went on to say “
"As an AI developed by OpenAI, there are currently no specific U.S. government regulations that address protecting GPT-4 or similar artificial intelligence models from potential threats. However, there are relevant laws and proposed regulations concerning overall cyber security, data privacy, and AI that can indirectly pertain to GPT-4 and its protection.\n\nYou can check various resources on this topic:\n\n1. Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): CISA is responsible for protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure from physical and cyber threats. Here, you can find information about cybersecurity guidelines and regulations.\n”

A lot more suggestions too so looks like a grey area this five minutes but there are proposals and congress is working on something coming

I like how you are thinking however and might put some geolocation blocks in for the usual suspects

OpenAI Supported Country list

1 Like

Country Info API | BigDataCloud This should help looks free so far I can geolocation incoming ips and look them up on the white-list

1 Like

I asked ChatGPT if Ican integrate my GPT in my website, and the answer was:

Yes, you can integrate GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) models, such as those developed by OpenAI, into your website to provide various functionalities like chatbots, content generation, language translation, and more. The integration process typically involves using the OpenAI API to interact with a GPT model from your web application. Here’s a general outline of the steps you would follow:…

The best way to do this is to use the API! Open AI offer the Assistant API that you can use to build a chat on your website!

You could look the app I already did on Github as an example GitHub - marcolivierbouch/OpenAssistantGPT: An Open-Source Saas for Crafting/Building/Creating Chatbots with OpenAI's Assistant that you can add to your website.

You can checkout our recent OpenAI Assistants integration with OpenWidget. It allows you to embed a Chat GPT-like experience on your website with a ready-to-use chat interface and no coding required: Free Chat Interface for OpenAI Assistants | OpenWidget. Maybe that’s what you would find useful for the use case.

1 Like