Bug: Incorrect ChatGPT chat session titles - seeing other users' sessions?

I’ve noticed that starting around 2023-03-16T07:10:00+0000 it seems like the titles for each chat session have titles totally unrelated to the topic being discussed in the chat.

My chat is talking about summarising code, and a previous summary was “Summarizing code fragments”. But since that time I have chat titles of “COVID testing locations search”, “Resuming training on TPU” and “Recall for Calendar Eve” - all unrelated to what my chat session is about.

This is either a bug or it’s leaking info from other users’ sessions.

Rich

Seems to be working again for my most recent chat session. Maybe it was a blip.

It turns out this was a serious vulnerability that ChatGPT was taken offline to fix.

I reported the bug here because I couldn’t find a way to make bug reports, despite searching the OpenAI site and docs. I didn’t go with the security disclosure route as it seemed heavyweight and I wasn’t sure if this was a bug or a security issue. I think OpenAI could definitely improve their channel for bug reporting.

I’ve noticed the same. Every week and see sometimes other’s Chat title.

Hey do you guys think that you are getting this again (as of May 24, 2024)?
Because I am seeing instances of this repeating.