Beware Malicious Malware Disguised as "ChatGPT"

Some users mentioning downloading random ChatGPT Chrome extensions that look legit but turn out to be Malware… spread the word! Stick to the source at OpenAI or those of us following the rules with our tools…

https://www.reddit.com/r/facebook/comments/10r6hyf/account_got_hacked_and_name_changed_to_lily/

3 Likes

@PaulBellow I think you should share the imposters you catalogued in the other post here.

The problem is that most of them claim the name ChatGPT, which makes it a no brainer of average internet citizen to just click on install.

1 Like

Yeah, i just hate to give them links… Best advice is to just stick to openai.com or an app that does NOT have ChatGPT in the name as that’s likely trademarked by this point?

1 Like

Even then installing any clients for ChatGPT makes no sense, given how the OG chatGPT is currently available for free on chat.openai.com and has responsive design for both mobile and desktop.

Installation is futile, unless OpenAI announces their own installable version for ChatGPT.

1 Like

Imagine being aware of such a powerful tool and the best idea you have with it is to scam. :cry:

Thanks for the PSA

I watch 10 to 15 Facebook ads Download ChatGPT in zip files
When you download and install the zip file program it says the program is not working open chatgpt website.
LOL
And a notification from the anti-virus that this program is a trojan virus.
See how scammers hack people easily.
I have mentioned some of the top scammers

his is the #1 spammer same name as Chat GPT of the page and also blue tick of Facebook confirmed this Page is authentic.

1 Like

Agreed,
I see these scams on a daily basis, there should be some sort of “report abuse” link/form on the main site, sending links to staff or posting them on the forum is not a viable solution in the long run.