Becoming a Verified Builder for ChatGPT Store

I’m eagerly looking forward to the launch of the ChatGPT store and I have several GPT models that I’m excited to share with the community.

However, I’m not entirely clear on the process of becoming a ‘verified builder’.

I want to ensure that I meet all the necessary criteria and follow the correct procedures to achieve this status.

Could anyone with experience or knowledge in this area provide some guidance? Specifically, I’m looking for information on:

1. The criteria for becoming a verified builder.
  2. The application and review process for verification or application publishing.

I appreciate any insights you can provide.

Looking forward to contributing to the ChatGPT store!

8 Likes

Well, GPT builder was announced earlier this week, and was released shortly after.
There is no such knowledge yet; no further details about “verified builder” status has been released yet. It is likely it will remain that way until the GPT store is released towards the end of this month.

Keep checking OpenAI’s blog for more information. It will be released soon enough, but I think the focus now is allowing people the time to build first.

5 Likes

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

I understand the current focus is on allowing people to build first before the launch of the GPT store. However, I share a concern regarding the potential influx of similar applications, such as numerous virtual girlfriend apps, which could overwhelm the approval process or create redundancy in the store offerings.

I was hoping for more upfront guidelines or criteria from OpenAI to help streamline this process and avoid these foreseeable challenges.

It would be beneficial for both builders and the platform to have a clearer understanding of what types of applications are encouraged or prioritized.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your advice to keep an eye on OpenAI’s blog for updates. I’ll stay tuned for more details as they become available.

5 Likes

Well, it sounds like they’re verifying the builder not the tool itself, so if somebody is going to make 100 virtual girlfriend chatbots, that won’t necessarily affect the verification process of the contributor.

That being said, this is likely going to be a free for all akin to Apple’s App Store release. The influx is gonna happen. The amount of bots released day 1 is probably going to be a lot. It’s gonna be tough. This is what true competition is; can you build something that stands out in a slush-pile of other apps?

I will say though, if you’re wanting tips for bots that are likely going to be encouraged and used frequently, OpenAI and its user base is very utility-focused. Making a utilitarian tool with custom “actions” is going to help make you stand out. Character.ai (I believe?) is the platform for those who want a robot GF. That market is already here, and people are already making money off of that. Are people likely going to flood GPT store with that anyway? Yeah probably. But will users of ChatGPT use them? Probably not as much, considering those who are looking for that kind of stuff have already likely bonded with their AI companion over at character.ai.

Finally; trust in yourself and believe in your project. Don’t worry about what other people are doing as much; focus on what you want to do, trust in yourself that it will get recognized, believe in it, and you will succeed. Chances are, if you really believe it’s going to succeed, it’s useful and fun for you, and you love it, then chances are others will recognize that too.

It’s frightening, yes, but it’ll be okay. People who make it first are usually just fine down the road. You got this.

6 Likes

Hi Macha, just a quick question? Do you know if GPTs developed before the GPT Store is launched will remain unique? For example, if a GPT builder creates a GPT called “JSON File Analyzer”. Will this name be unique after GPT store is available to the public?

1 Like

I can’t say for sure, as I’m not a part of OpenAI’s dev team, however I can make an educated guess and say I don’t think they’re going to make GPT store names unique; not even the Apple Store really does that (try searching for QR scanner on there and you’ll see exactly what I mean).
All in all, I don’t think you have anything to worry about!

1 Like

Good morning Macha, Thank you so much for your input on my request. Let’s keep waiting for the official announcemet of the GPTs Store release!!!

1 Like

Hi,
Dear Chat GPT Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is Harika, and I am reaching out to express our interest in becoming a reseller for Chat GPT. I am the Inside Saled Executive at Dhanyaayai Enterprise Private Limited, and we are keen on expanding our product offerings to include cutting-edge AI solutions like Chat GPT.

At Dhanyaayai , we specialize in Dhanyaayai is a leading provider of technology services. We employ our capabilities, experience, and technology services delivered through our integrated services platform to help our clients achieve their digital transformation goals. We assist them to improve customer and employee experience, transform their cloud strategy, update their networks and boosting their cybersecurity as a long-term strategic partner. We also automate their business processes and IT across their transformation priorities, gaining insights and analytics from their core business data. We enable the connected future by working together. We have a strong client base that spans various industries, including IT, Manufacturing, Pharma, who would greatly benefit from the advanced capabilities of Chat GPT.

We believe that by partnering with Chat GPT, we can provide our clients with unparalleled AI-powered solutions that will enhance their operations and drive innovation. Our team is enthusiastic about the potential of Chat GPT to transform customer interactions, improve efficiencies, and deliver intelligent insights.

Could you please provide more information on the requirements and process to become an authorized reseller of Chat GPT? Specifically, we are interested in understanding:

1. The terms and conditions for resellers.
  2. Pricing structures and potential volume discounts.
  3. Support and training provided to resellers.
  4. Any marketing and promotional materials available to assist in our sales efforts.
  5. The process for integrating Chat GPT with our existing product suite.

We are eager to explore this opportunity further and discuss how we can collaborate to achieve mutual success. Please let us know a convenient time for a meeting or call to discuss this in more detail.

Thank you for considering our request. We look forward to the possibility of partnering with Chat GPT and contributing to the growth and success of your innovative platform.

Best regards,
Harika