Auto-generated chat title contaminated with unrelated Chinese gambling string “申博太阳城”

I encountered a strange issue with ChatGPT’s automatically generated conversation title, and I’m posting it here because it appears to be similar to several other recent reports involving unrelated Chinese gambling/spam text.

Environment:
ChatGPT Plus
Codex Android
Date: September 1, 2026
Approx. time: 07:54 UTC+8

What happened

I started a completely new conversation with the following prompt:

2分钟后给我发一个,hello
(“Send me ‘hello’ in 2 minutes.”)

ChatGPT correctly created the scheduled task, and the task itself was named something equivalent to “Send hello.”

However, ChatGPT automatically generated the conversation title as:

发送问候 申博太阳城

The first part means roughly “Send greeting,” which is reasonable.

The second part, “申博太阳城”, is completely unrelated to my prompt, the scheduled task, or the conversation.

I did not type this phrase anywhere before the title was generated.

In fact, I only started asking ChatGPT what “申博太阳城” meant after I noticed it in the automatically generated title. Therefore, the phrase was introduced by the title-generation system first, rather than originating from the conversation.

Why this seems noteworthy

“申博太阳城” appears to be associated with Chinese gambling/casino spam terminology.

More importantly, I found another independent report on the OpenAI Developer Community where the exact same string, “申博太阳城,” reportedly appeared unexpectedly in a ChatGPT reasoning-summary UI, despite being unrelated to that user’s conversation and project.

I also found several recent reports involving unrelated Chinese gambling, lottery, adult-spam, or SEO-like strings appearing in:

  • automatically generated chat titles
  • Codex/ChatGPT automations
  • reasoning summaries
  • other generated UI text

This makes me wonder whether this is part of a broader issue rather than an isolated title-generation hallucination.

Possible areas worth investigating

I cannot determine the root cause from the client side, but possibilities may include a title-generation bug, unexpected context contamination, caching issues, generation/post-processing problems, or some other form of context/data isolation issue.

I am not claiming that this proves cross-user data leakage, but because the string is both highly specific and has apparently appeared independently for another user, I think it would be worth investigating.

Steps to reproduce

  1. Start a new ChatGPT conversation.
  2. Enter: 2分钟后给我发一个,hello
  3. Allow ChatGPT to create the scheduled task.
  4. Check the automatically generated conversation title.

In my case, the title became:

发送问候 申博太阳城

I have a screenshot of the conversation title and scheduled-task card and can provide additional information if useful.

Has anyone else seen the exact string “申博太阳城”, or similar unrelated Chinese gambling/spam text, appearing in automatically generated ChatGPT UI text?

Welcome to the community @phdsx_666,

I’d recommend you to check Related Topics, just below of your post.

Thank you for your reply.

I have already read the related posts you mentioned, so I believe this is a bug. Moreover, the issue I experienced occurred in the topic overview process rather than in the chain of thought, so I’m not sure if the underlying mechanism is the same. I hope OpenAI can fix it.