Assistants api 3.5 turbo upload files how

How can I upload files for my assistant if I’m using version 3.5 turbo. It looks like my options to be able to upload files to use the Retrieval option are limited to very few versions.

The latest gpt-3.5-turbo - gpt-3.5-turbo-1106 supports retrieval.

Knowledge retrieval and code interpretation fall under tools.

Here’s how you can upload files for retrieval.

You can upload via API. You can have those files at ready for code interpreter.

The reason for failure of “retrieval” is the retrieval of documents uses not primarily an embeddings database (as one should expect), but instead, new abilities trained with the new preview models - the ability to call for parallel tools. The basic function calling model gpt-3.5-turbo will fail to understand or call correctly with the specification of assistants.

Thanks for the answers. I’m still a little confused. Maybe I didn’t write my first post clearly, I’m new to all of this.

What I’m doing is attaching files from the API Assistants Playground area. After attaching the file I click ‘Save’. I always get an error saying the file - which is a .txt file - couldn’t be saved.

Thing is, when I check the ‘Files’ section of the API Assistants sandbox area it shows the files I have as being successfully uploaded. But are they?

I ask this because when I look underneath the Files area on the main page of my Assistants playground it only shows the one file, vs several in the Files section of the Assistants page.

I’ve attached a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

Thanks very much for the assistance and your patience.

Curt