2FA for OpenAI account?

Hi,

DALL-E2 is creating a waaaay bigger buzz than GPT-3 did. Unfortunately though, more people getting attracted will also mean more hackers getting attracted. I’d have a lot more peace of mind knowing I can’t ever wake up to a banned account that someone generated illegal stuff on.

When is 2FA coming for regular accounts that just log in through an email address? I’m sure it’s already a possibility when using Google/Microsoft login as that’d ask for the 2FA of the respective service.

I don’t want to create a new account through Google/Microsoft either, since this one is all set up with my payment info already.

9 Likes

Any update to when this will be added?

3 Likes

Actually i’m not willing to open a payed account with my credit card information, containing potentially very important information to me from previous searches, if i’m not able to enable 2FA.

Please consider to add two factor authentification asap.

Unfortunately i’m bound to classic web search and stackoverflow for now :frowning:

4 Likes

I also don’t want to enter my credit card information to my account without having 2FA. If OpenAI announces 2FA I probably will pay for ChatGPT (GPT4)

3 Likes

If you use Google login and have 2FA on your Google account, this produces essentially the same result as email + 2FA.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Ok - I’d used my free credits, now I was going to pay, but what about 2FA? I asked everywhere, but could not find out how to do it, so in the end I asked openai chatgpt… Picture attached. I carried out steps 1-6 but not steps 7-9, In other words, my procedure now is to log in with my existing login and password, and then complete my 2FA authentication when that screen comes up. So it must be possible if I can do it.

So if a person wants security on their account is forced to use Google because the current service does not have that function, This is not professional where you put a credit card is required to include a 2FA.

Please add this as it is an urgent priority.

1 Like

They may have added it and then they removed it. I used it, made my phone forget about the 2fa, and now I can only be able to access my chatGPT account on my phone. I also don’t want 2fa. How can I turn it off?

1 Like