Will documents will be used to train the bot? Anything will be shared from out documents?

I am using ChatGPT API and I have a concern whether this API will use my confidential documents to train their bot? We are using our own documents and we can’t share due to its confidentiality.

API calls are not used for training new models.

2 Likes

Yeah, API is not used for training, unless opted-in. However, ChatGPT (the web client) is used for training, unless opted-out.

For non-API consumer products like ChatGPT and DALL-E, we may use content such as prompts, responses, uploaded images, and generated images to improve our services. Please refer to this article to understand how this content may be used to improve model performance and how you can opt-out. You can request to opt out of having your content used to improve our services at any time by filling out this form. This opt out will apply on a going-forward basis only.

Please note that for our API product, OpenAI will not use data submitted by customers via our API to train or improve our models, unless you explicitly decide to share your data with us for this purpose.

Source: