Trying to get the eyes right in Dall-E 3

I’ve been trying out Dall-E 3 these past couple of weeks, to better understand how it works. I’ve realized that it is quite complicated to iterate on the eyes of characters created. For example, in trying to create an image of cat, I can’t seem to get Dall-E to create proper life-like eyes that are in line with the rest of the image.

Image A is an example, in which I asked for an image of a Birman cat in a “psychedelic” background:

IMAGE A:

Already in this first image, the eyes are a very dark blue and lack pupils.

I tried iterating on the image a few times (below) to try and get the eyes right, but it never seems to get it. What I find particularly interesting is that the eyes’ color somehow reflects the colors in the background. For example, in image B, the green in the eyes matches the green in the background. In Image C and D, the eyes are bluer (although they lack visible pupils), but the background changes to accommodate these shades of blue. In other words, the colors in the eyes and background seem to be somehow connected when generating the image.

IMAGE B:

IMAGE C:

IMAGE D:

Does anyone have any similar experiences? Do you know of any way to effectively get the eyes consistently right?