"stop generating"-button and ability to scroll up while generating

Dear reader,

I would like to suggest two features for the playground that I believe would be very beneficial.

Firstly, I think it would be great to have a stop button that allows users to halt the content generation process. Sometimes, we may realize midway that the content is not what we were hoping for, and having the ability to stop it would save a lot of time and effort. In chatGPT this feature is already available, but in the playground, it isn’t there yet.

Secondly, it would be helpful to have the option to scroll up while the content is generating. This would enable us to review the content that has been generated so far and make any necessary changes or edits. Currently, we have to wait for the entire content to be generated before we can review it (it constantly scrolls down while generating), which can be time-consuming and frustrating.

I think these features would greatly enhance the user experience and make the OpenAI API even more useful. Thanks in advance for considering my suggestions.

Sincerely,
Levi

2 Likes

I had just come here to express those exact recommendations! :sweat_smile:

Same here, love those ideas!

I would also add the feature to copy the generated text when you are browsing through the history so there’s no need to restore and lose my current work.

Thanks to all the OpenAI team, it’s an awesome tool to work with.

Best,
Josep Bernad

sorry, i’m a newbie python coder which searching a way to create “Stop generating” button in my applications with API. Is this thread about it, right? I just want to be sure that this functionality isn’t implemented yet with API, but how we can see, exists in chat.openai.com

1 Like