Sorry, something went wrong

I’m having issues with the Assistants API. It keeps returning “Sorry, something went wrong” and “server_error”. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening or any workaround? I’ve read some posts on here that other people are running into the same issues but I haven’t seen any potential fixes / workarounds for it…

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep same here, and yet https://status.openai.com/ shows all green. Extremely frustrating openai, at least some transparency or an acknowledgement of the problem would be better than nothing

1 Like

Check if it is your browser. That could be issue

Hi I am having the same problem now, may I ask have yours been solved?

edit: fixed for me by replacing restrictive api key with a full access api key.

Same here, with just Hello World! as one message, in a new thread and with an assistant with the instruction: "You’re helping debugging why the api calls to you are not working. Please share everything , all technical details you know about the interaction and the communication aspects. "

When the same thread is run in the playground, it runs fine.

I have it currently in php (using openai-php lib), curl and dart. No idea how to debug this. Tried different models as well.

This is the retrieved run:

Array
(
[id] => run_vYvkZX3QdjF64KOenANb3GMC
[object] => thread.run
[created_at] => 1710505917
[assistant_id] => asst_k8SVybLjrHxcuBDNRDLUoQuF
[thread_id] => thread_F0Dvk4Na4wQJJxUqBoB2hJIV
[status] => failed
[started_at] => 1710505917
[expires_at] =>
[cancelled_at] =>
[failed_at] => 1710505917
[completed_at] =>
[last_error] => Array
(
[code] => server_error
[message] => Sorry, something went wrong.
)

[model] => gpt-3.5-turbo
[instructions] => You're helping debugging why the api calls to you are not working. Please share everything , all technical details you know about the interaction and the communication aspects. 
[tools] => Array
    (
    )

[file_ids] => Array
    (
    )

[metadata] => Array
    (
    )

[usage] => Array
    (
        [prompt_tokens] => 0
        [completion_tokens] => 0
        [total_tokens] => 0
    )

)

I’ve met the same issue, and was able to resolve it by turning off Ad Blocker on my browser. Just FYI.