"Something went wrong while generating the response. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com."

Hi, plus user here.

All the answers I get is this error message: " Something went wrong while generating the response. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com."

I contacted support, but besides the same vague guidelines of “check your connection, disable your VPN” I got no help or support at all.

I have no VPN and ChatGPT was working relatively well for me three days ago. If I try in another computer I get the same errors. If I try with a free account, no issues.

Am I shadow banned?

And of course, after posting here I kinda found a solution. Ironically, using a VPN with a US IP seems to have solved for me the constant message of:

“Something went wrong while generating the response. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.”

But service is now excruciatingly slow and Open AI support is just not there. I cancelled my plan and I will move to greener pastures once it’s over.

I contacted support again to share this relevant info, and the answer I got was:

"We understand you’re experiencing ongoing issues with ChatGPT.Using VPNs can lead to latency issues and may interfere with the performance of our platform. We recommend avoiding VPNs while using ChatGPT to improve your experience.

Thank you for your cooperation."

What? Is ChatGPT 3.5 doing the support? :joy: :sob:

oh, I have this problem like two days or more. on Android, on PC… only 1 of 10 messages is ok…reloads and regenerations all the time…