Sharly - Chat with PDFs and documents with GPT-4

So I upload it to you in PDF document of my criminal procedure outline to sharly and overall I was pretty impressed about the functionalities of the program but I do think that there are a few areas that could possibly be improved I like the fine tuning but I wish that there was more that would be able to be done from the information that it’s reading from for example I wanted to take my outline and study a specific section for class I asked it if it could create bullet points based upon specific information or create a multiple choice test for the information and it was not able to do any of those specific tasks also asked it to create a song of the highlights and it wasn’t able to do that neither and I was hoping that it could possibly be a little bit more creative with not only just interpreting the data but using the data to create other deliverables not just summarizing and regurgitating the information from the PDF document.

If they’re able to make the analysis of the PDF documents more creative and flexible and versatile I think they’ll really be on to something it’s really accurate with its references and looking up specific information within the PDF document but I need to be able to do more things with it I wish it was able to pull more inside from other documents it’s still really guarded and it’s approach compared to when using chat GVT if I would have copy and paste the section of my outline into the chat I can have it put it in tables I can have it summarize it I could have it create bullet points I can have it turn it into a poem even if I wanted to but I think that there needs to be some further improvements to make this really an awesome product. To be fair I did use the free version I don’t know what the features are included on the pro version for five a month but if it can give you more functionality and creativeness with the program I think that would be really great but for me as a student I was hoping to upload a lot of the PDF documents that I had and use it sort of as a way to get the general highlights and overview and summarizations of my documents and also use it as a way to quiz myself and help reinforce the information inside of it hopefully this is something I can be done.

1 Like

We’ve release some :fire: new features:

1. Ice Breaker: Kick off your conversations with your documents more easily! When you start a conversation, Sharly will now propose 3 possible questions that you might want to ask your document. This will help you get the information you need more quickly.

2. Citations: We understand the importance of knowing where your answers come from. With our new Citation feature, when Sharly generates an answer from a document, you can now see the exact point in the document that contributed the most to that answer. This makes it easier to verify and reference the information.

If you’re looking into anything specific, tell us here

Cross-document analysis

We’ve introduced a new concept called “Collections” : this features that helps you collect informations across multiple documents; it’s like chatting with an entire folder!

• create a “Collection”
  • drag and drop documents into it
  • start to Chat!

As always - unlimited document size. Unlimited interactions!

Introducing MULTI-LANGUAGE responses.

You are now in control of Sharly response language, choose among the 20+ languages available: German, French, Spanish, Turkish, Portuguese and many more.

There’s more improvements:

• switch from GPT3.5. to GPT4 at convenience
  • delete selected responses

I’m curious if it’s safe to upload private documents.

Hi @rampanthag - Sharly follows all SaaS best practise in terms of security. Also - you can find here our privacy policy . We’re working to make it a safe space for Business Professionals.

I’ve got a problem with uploading a pdf file too.

here’s the file…

/file/d/1jB4K9SGAk9hCgtx9WR1ZH8R3WVHDrVQJ/view?usp=sharing

UPDATE!!

Now Sharly AI Chat for PDFs and Documents supports Custom Instructions:

Users can tailor the AI responses to suit their specific needs, choosing the tone and style of interaction. This feature makes it an excellent choice for professionals from different fields, ensuring that the tool aligns with their unique requirements.

Let me know your experience.

1 Like