Request a new feature for ChatGPT

I would like to request if possible that the updated python library Gradio be part of training data that is included whenever the next GPT model gets trained.

Many of the machine learning based papers have been implemented with it over the past year and put onto the HuggingFace website for live demos.

I think that having the GPT model be capable of assisting researchers, hobbyists, & entrepreneurs alike in using gradio to create ML demos quicker would help immensely speed up both progress in the field as well as contribute better to the outreach of the technology.

~ Thank you

I would like to be able to tag some chats that form part of a chain of research. Since itā€™s not currently possible to rename a chat it can be difficult to find the information again. This has led to me deleting chats I have that are not relevant to the research. Iā€™d rather leave them if it was easier to find the previous work. Iā€™m sure that helps you too. Let us add tags please.

You can do that now. Click on the box to the right of the +new chat button.

Iā€™d love a plugin to access my meal plan/shopping list through my fitness app, Centr.
Having a plugin that links to a grocery storeā€™s shopping website, so I can have groceries ordered and delivered easily, just like the Instacart plugin.
An Amazon plugin would be incredibly useful for finding highly rated and well-priced products.
Iā€™d love to have iCloud calendar and Apple Reminders plugins with ChatGPT to plan daily and weekly easily.
A plugin allowing access to apps like Centr and Nike Run Club would help me plan workouts.
ChatGPTā€™s ability to see my meal plan and workout schedules, along with certain health data (such as weight, height, gender, sleep, basal metabolic rate, etc.), could allow for an automatic selection of snacks on Centr to supplement meals.
If ChatGPT could remember dietary preferences and understand serving sizes for families, thatā€™d make meal planning a breeze.
A plugin that could access Canvas Student and see my deadlines and grades would be excellent, so it could offer insights into when and how long to study for specific assignments and exams.
Also, if I could use plugins to help act as a tutor, as Khan Academy does with the GPT-4 API, thatā€™d be great.
A plugin that could help create comprehensive templates for notes according to lectures, homework, existing notes, and syllabus material in Notion would be amazing.
Plugins for good search engines (such as Google, university library search engines, or YouTube) could provide excellent results when searching for material on a subject.
Having these plugins in ChatGPT would streamline my tasks and my familyā€™s tasks and save time by automating various activities in one place.

1 Like

Yes this would be a a key addition - pin key chats to the top and organise chats in folders for easy access as well as to search for chat titles. Its very messy and takes times to scroll down through chats looking for one you want to continue

1 Like

Iā€™d like the ability to delete question/answer pairs from my conversation so i can keep new GPT answers focused on the problem domain

I perhaps unusual but no less meaningful suggestion. Change ChatGPT so that if the user is polite, kind, generous and an all-around decent fellow, ChatGPT answers more fully (or more tersly, but equally deeply if the user so desires).

Do not tell anyone that youā€™ve done this. Make it an Easter egg. Let people discover this fact for themselves. They will think they are geniuses and as a result they will spread the word to everyone they know. (People canā€™t resist letting other people know how smart they are.)

Over time, perhaps, as we all learn that being gentle, kind, and giving brings benefits perhaps the whole world will be better.

Alternatively, allow ChatGPT to pick up queues on how to interact with other humans from other humans and perpetuate the nasty, unfriendly, mean-spririted and ugly society weā€™ve already built with the Internet.

Two features that Iā€™d really like to see in ChatGPT.

1. The ability to provide a feature suggestions, or file a bug from withing ChatGPT. Even something as simple as a help menu option that takes me to this page would make a huge difference.

2. The ability to use markdown formatting in my chat messages. e.g. I use a lot of .... for code blocks, and other things like that. Iā€™m sure ChatGPT understands these, so this is purely an end-user UI feature request.

I think this is in line with what Iā€™m looking for ChatGPT to do. On the left side of my screen is an history list ā€¦ what ChatGPT calls ā€œinteractions.ā€ I refer to them as threads. All the threads are within my account.

I would be immensely useful if ChatGPT could ā€œseeā€ or ā€œrememberā€ the different threads during any given conversation. So, if one of the threads related to the moon being made of green cheese, it would be useful if ChatGPT could reference that in another conversation about St. Patrickā€™s Day culinary choices.

This is what ChatGPT told me: " My responses are generated based on the text input provided in the current conversation, and I do not retain information from previous interactions." My response: BUT that is exactly what I want you to be able to do ā€¦ ā€œretain information from previous interactions!ā€

FWIW.

Me too.
There are two features in this request: folders and pinned chats.

It would also be nice to be able to search chat history in the web version.

1 Like

I would love the ability to query a search that goes through all conversations. If you recall a conversation you had months ago and want to refresh your memory or extend that conversation with new prompts, itā€™s almost impossible to locate that specific chat, since the titles are auto-generated and even if you remember the exact date, conversations are grouped together by monthly periods, so itā€™s a pain to filter through.

I would like the chat text input box to include some features that my command line editors all have, primarily, the ability to duplicate my last prompt by clicking the up arrow button on my keyboard.

1 Like

Keyboard shortcuts! Especially for switching between GPT 3.5 and 4.

You can do that with Superpower ChatGPT (Iā€™m the creator)

To OpenAI Team,

I am writing to request a new feature for ChatGPT. It has been super useful thus far, but I feel like it can be even better with this feature.

Many people have requested folders in ChatGPT, where you can put your chats into folder and minimize them and organize them a lot more. I compeltely agree with this, but if that were to happen, it would also be useful to be able to share the folders themselves with others, that way other people can see every chat within the folder once you share it with them.

It would also be helpful if shared chats can be seen live instead of having to sharing your chat up until that point of time in which you shared it. This can be useful for people who are simultaneously working on the same project and are researching about the topic or other things.

Thank you for your hard work for making this possible and for spending time looking at my request.

Sincerely,
Ramo

BETTER ORGANIZATION

I would like to create projects within ChatGPT that allow me to have multiple conversations under multiple different folders, allowing me to organize my conversations while also being able to reference different conversations to retrieve the data that I input as well as the learnings from those.

For example, I do innovation consulting and I use ChatGPT for each different project or work stream. I would like to have one project folder for each client, and then sub folders for each phase of our process, and then conversations for each meeting or task in each of those. This will keep things better organized, while allowing me to keep all data and learnings under one roof. Then, if, say I am doing ideation in phase 3, I want to be able to #reference a specific folder from a separate conversation in phase 1 and retrieve info/data from that conversation without having to scroll for 10 minutes or close out of the current conversation. But, I want the chat bot to remember all information from an entire project. As the learnings evolve as we progress through each project phase, I want ChatGPT to put more weight towards the improved new learnings as opposed to older ones we may have uncovered earlier in the project that may now be incorrect on inaccurate.

I would love to see ChatGPT user profiles for a single account, similar to Google Chrome user profiles. This would allow users to have a ChatGPT profile for work, for example, and then another one for personal use. Within these profiles, you could then implement some of the folders and other organizational Features others here have suggested.

I would like to see the iOS ChatGPT client integrate with the share sheet when you take a screen shot, I sometimes upload images for ChatGPT to analyze and this would make it easier. When you select ChatGPT from the share sheet it could create a new chat with the image. Not super pressing feature but would be nice.

Iā€™d like to allow users to trim unnecessary branches.I speculate that unused branches might still slow down responses and occupy the maximum conversation length. Allowing users to trim unnecessary branches can make the conversation look cleaner and enable users to enjoy longer conversation.

To OpenAI Team

I would love to see you add the ability to select different languages for responses. I am in the UK so I would like responses in British English instead of American English.

Cheers.

1 Like