Request a new feature for ChatGPT

To OpenAI Team,

I am writing to request a new feature for ChatGPT. I have found the model to be very helpful and accurate in answering my questions, but I would like to suggest a new feature that would greatly enhance my experience with the model.

I would like to request the ability for the user to delete a specific message in a conversation. This feature would allow the user to keep their conversation clean and organized, without the need to scroll through previous messages to find what they are looking for. Additionally, it would be useful to have the ability to group conversations, so that the model can remember what the user said in previous conversations, without the need to scroll through a long conversation history after refreshing the website.

I believe that these features would greatly enhance the user experience and make it more efficient and convenient for the user to navigate their conversation history. I would greatly appreciate it if you could consider implementing these features in future updates to the model.

Thank you for your hard work on ChatGPT and for your consideration of my request.

Sincerely,
Mohammad Hussam

21 Likes

To OpenAI Team,

I am writing to request a new feature for ChatGPT. I have found the model to be very helpful and accurate in answering my questions, but I would like to suggest a new feature that would greatly enhance my experience with the model.

I would like to request the ability for the user to create folders with given chats. This feature would allow the user to keep their experience clean and organized, without the need to scroll through previous chats in the panel. Additionally, it would be useful to utilize more of the screen without zooming out each time ChatGPT is opened. This would not only benefit all users but Iā€™m sure ChatGPT itself! Haha.

I believe that these features would greatly enhance the user experience and make it more efficient and convenient for the user to navigate their chats panel as well as conversation history. I would greatly appreciate it if you could consider implementing these features in future updates to the model.

Thank you for your hard work on ChatGPT (I couldnā€™t imagine) and for your consideration of my request.

Sincerely,
InfiniteLearner

18 Likes

I also would really love being able to organize my chats into folders and reorder them.

21 Likes

Yes,
came here to suggest that, it gets messy pretty soonā€¦

having a folder and then moving chats to them would help clean up and find topics easilyā€¦

also the ability to minimise response or show a floating box on side with all the sub-prompts/threads, clicking on it ā†’ scrolls to that prompt!

11 Likes

Same here. At least the ability to pin the chats on the sidebar would be helpful.

8 Likes

OpenAI Team,

Feature suggestion: ChatGPT be configured for dynamic conversation, meaning configure chatgpt to be able to reference other saved chats

ChatGPT agrees there are solid use cases for this feature, and has made a great case for it.

ā€œDo you understand how that would be useful?ā€

ā€œYes, I can see how having the ability to reference previous conversations could be useful in certain situations. It could help to provide context and continuity to conversations, especially if the same user is interacting with ChatGPT over a period of time. It could also help to streamline certain types of interactions, such as customer support or technical assistance.ā€

Kind regards,

Manny

4 Likes

Dear OpenAI Team,

I am writing to request a new feature for ChatGPT to enhance its usability as my number of chats continues to grow. It would be helpful to have some means of organizing chats for easy access to specific conversations. I suggest the implementation of a folder and/or tags system.

In addition, I would appreciate the option to clone a chat and have two parallel conversations simultaneously that share the same start.

Finally, a privacy mode toggle that would prevent OpenAI from retaining any records of a chat after it has been deleted would be highly desirable. An auto-delete feature for messages or entire chats upon logoff or after a specified number of hours or days would further enhance privacy when dealing with sensitive or private messages.

Thank you for your hard work on ChatGPT, and I appreciate your consideration of my request.

Sincerely,
MdS

8 Likes

I second miguelsilva2013 idea on cloning/copy conversations with ChatGPT,

Would help to setup a context about a subject and then have a kind of ā€œsaveā€ of the context.

This would allow to rollback in case of ChatGPT confusion or bad user input.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to have more formatting options. Iā€™d like to be able to insert a quote or code block, for example

1 Like

Hi there,

I believe it would be nice to have an ā€˜incognitoā€™ toggle. Currently, we only have the options to share data for training purposes or to delete the entire chat history. I would like to keep some of my chats private without having to delete everything. Adding an ā€˜incognitoā€™ option would be helpful.

1 Like

Hello OpenAI Team,

I would like to be able to hide/collapse the left side bar, so I can share my screen and show an active ChatGPT conversation without all my other conversation titles being visible.

Thanks

1 Like

Also looking forward to this for screen recording. One workaround Iā€™ve used is that if you resize the browser window down, at some point the side bar hides (Windows 11 / Chrome). Better than nothing - or needing to use a third-party browser extension.

Iā€™ve been using the same conversation for a few months now, and itā€™s been really helpful because it knows a lot about my situation and has learned more as I continue with it. I donā€™t want to start a new chat where I have to explain everything again. However, there are so many messages in this conversation that itā€™s very slow and takes forever to load. Is there any way we can prioritize loading partial conversation history instead of loading all messages, or something to speed up the chat and make it easier on the browser?

4 Likes

I think it would be useful if we could do ā€œCtrl-Enterā€ to submit the edited text when I edit a previously sent message.

1 Like

ChatGPT plus users should be able to have ChatGPT have better focus on the topic being discussed. As it is, ChatGPT loses track too easily and has to be reminded what you are discussing.

I would like to be able to search through previous chats and pin certain ones in bookmarks. I suppose I could bookmark a chat in the browser but I would have to find it first! Hard among hundreds of chats.

3 Likes

Hello OpenAI Team,

I would like to pin certain chats, and the chats should be categorizable into folders. The folders should be renameable, and perhaps it would be possible to share a folder with a few chats.

Thanks, Yannick B.

1 Like

It would be nice to have a feature that allows me to export the chat, for example, as a PDF.

1 Like

Agree with this one. It would also be very useful when model upgrades happen.

It would be a huge help if we could ā€œcontinueā€ or ā€œimportā€ chat histories, or reference a chat to keep the context of a conversation in a previous version. Iā€™ve spent countless hours and messages to ā€œteachā€ a chat a certain type of communication pattern that Iā€™d love to use with the new version, but I donā€™t want to start all over.

Adding on to Feature Requests for the Conversation:

Want to IMPROVE User Experience 10 fold?
Feature Suggestions below are BOLDED.

Please provide the ability to COLLAPSE messages (by default, with expandable ability, and then an ā€œExpand/Collapse Allā€ option).

I send a large JSON Body to ChatGPT to do something with and it makes it a pain to reference past messages I sent or read through them, it floods past responses from ChatGPT that I may want to read more in depth later.

On top of this, consider a means to Search within a Conversation and ACROSS ALL CONVERSATIONS, to find KeyWords or even a GPT-powered Search ability, and a Conversation Collage, bringing multiple Conversations together, with a single GPT-Model that I can interact with to get general information across multiple Conversations I have going.

Furthermore, perhaps something that allows me to ā€œStarā€ (or ā€œBookmarkā€) a Response from ChatGPT.
This way, I can refer to it later.
Then, in the UI for each Conversation, thereā€™s a way to view all the Stars/Bookmarks, which show a snippet (or the full Response), and the ability to click it to go directly to that Message (via something like an HTML ID stored, for Implementation considerations).

Lastly (I know thereā€™s a lot of requests here)ā€¦
The ability to have an ā€œAdHocā€ Conversation/Question, with the Model associated to my Conversation, but that will be deleted after (for sake of experimenting, or just a ā€œdumb questionā€ that may contain a lot of text in prompt and response that I donā€™t want ā€œfloodingā€ my Conversation).

Thank you!

3 Likes