"Read Aloud" Not Working After Update

Since 4o I can’t get ChatGPT to read aloud anything. Windows 11. Multiple browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge.

Any body else running into this issue?

54 Likes

Same issue. Windows 10, Microsoft Edge.

8 Likes

Same issue, Linux ubuntu 22.04, Chrome and Firefox.

7 Likes

Same issue. Windows 11 & Chrome.

I have also noticed that the openai.audio.speech API endpoint for Node.js isn’t working either, but I can send curl requests to this endpoint using Postman. It seems likely that the ‘read aloud’ feature on the website is no longer functional due to this broken JavaScript API endpoint?

6 Likes

same here, chrome and app3.5

3 Likes

Im having the same issue on my Mac, and Chrome( chrome and Mac are up to date), it works on my iPad but there is a connectivity issue on the chat feature. and it works on the phone.

3 Likes

Same issue. Windows 10, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Fire Fox.

3 Likes

Yes, read aloud isn’t working for me either on desktop. Windows 11.
Doesn’t work in Chrome, Edge or Firefox on desktop. Nothing happens when pressing the read aloud button. It doesn’t even go into the processing animation.

Read aloud only works for me in the iphone app.

3 Likes

same… i’m stress out, please someone fixing this issued

5 Likes

its not working for me either

4 Likes

Same issue … windows 10 … all browsers … I really liked that feature … I’m blaming 4o … who needs extra features when old features fail … this really sux!!

6 Likes

Same issue here. Maybe because of the updates or partial integration of GPT-4 with the free version

4 Likes

Read aloud worked fine after 4o but stopped today, Win10 Edge

5 Likes

“read aloud” icon working yesterday but not today

5 Likes

same here. I am so upset.

3 Likes

Okay, cool. I thought it was just in issue with my computer or something. I feel 10x better, lol. I’m sure this’ll get fixed soon, I hope. The read aloud feature is my favorite feature to use. I like to have it read off of Wikipedia and stuff while I’m working.

2 Likes

Failure on Chrome on windows 10, android and iPad

3 Likes

Coming in to add a plus one to the list of the read-the-loud function not working on Windows 11 on Chrome browser. Just updated Windows Chrome is up to date. It was working yesterday, but today it’s nonfunctioning. I also tried on edge browser as well with no results.

2 Likes

I would expect an incident to be posted at OpenAI Status

But so far nothing, as if there are no issues.

3 Likes

Yeah, at first I thought it was just an issue with Edge. I love using Edge, but it always has issues, lol.

2 Likes