OpenAI sells ADA but why not DALL-E 1 :(

Simply that, they sell us GPT ADA (a much less accurate but cheap GPT) but no DALL-E 1.

I really want to test DALL-E 1. Unlike DALL-E 2 it can do text too and ex. the complex penguin wearing gloves etc prompt!

Please add it to playground to pay for!

It would earn OpenAI cash if they try putting up DALL-E 1 in Playground, maybe it will earn more than they think or people will pay more to use it still! Gotta try!

ADA is a text LLM, DALL-E is not.

May I know What is DALL-E 1 ?

Also, I don’t believe DALLE-1 is better at text than DALLE2. It’s a smaller model that outputs smaller resolution images.

Hope this helps!

Last I checked - DALL-E 1 is ~12 Billion parameters. DALL-E 2 is about 3 or 4B, much smaller. If you look on openAI.com you can see examples of DALL-E 1 in action, it does prompts shown better than DALL-E 2’s attempts at them (I tried, they are not shown on their site therefore), including any text printing one. I’ve tried this, I’m certain.

It would earn OpenAI cash if they try putting up DALL-E 1 in Playground, maybe it will earn more than they think or people will pay more to use it still! Gotta try!

The less parameters makes it faster and easier to serve as an API… and the output is higher resolution.

All that said, though, I’m sure they will be coming out with better versions.