OpenAI for CLI completion?

Is there such a thing online?

Would be nice to not have to memorize all the CLI stuff, especially for complex CLI such as kubectlor gcloud.

Example:
I start typing gcloud run --deploy terminator -- tab would propose, say, the region arg or --max-instances IDK

1 Like

I’ve been using CoPilot and CodeX for doing something similar. I’m using them to create command line “cheatsheets” for the stuff I use from time-to-time. My guess is that it wouldn’t be too difficult to create a natural language CLI that would convert words into a CLI command. I really like your thinking here!

1 Like

My idea was more about CLI completion rather than NLP CLI.

Just like we have tab completion currently on some CLI but more advanced, would guess the next part. When I started learning Kubernetes, I had to print a CLI cheat sheet because of its complexity… Humans are not good at memorization.

NLP CLI is dangerous IMHO, what if you say “un-deploy my backend-X12” and it misunderstands and does something like changing a backend version (which can lead, in my experience of days of downtime :D)

1 Like

Good point for sure. You’d want to have some kind of validation step before submitting a command that was generated by NLP.