[oAuth and GPT action] - need a way to re-trigger asking for access token

I am using oAuth as the way to authenticate a user and allow them to access private endpoints on my service.

I deliberately deleted/expired the access token on my oauth backend/database.

Now the GPT cannot access the endpoint but also unable to ask to re-login to gain a new access token.

Here’s a screenshot

OpenAI should look into this matter.

There are other issues I have discovered while experimenting with GPT actions and oAuth. I see at least 3 other issues openAI needs to fix for a smoother experience using oAuth for GPT. I have documented them here.

How do I raise this with the team?

Solution here: [oAuth and GPT action] - need a way to re-trigger asking for access token - #4 by huwsername

You can contact help.openai.com and use the support bot in the bottom right corner and leave your contact details plus a description of the request, you can also make a post in the Feedback category Feedback - OpenAI Developer Forum

1 Like

You can contact help.openai.com and use the support bot in the bottom right corner and leave your contact details plus a description of the request, you can also make a post in the Feedback category Feedback - OpenAI Developer Forum

I will do both. thank you

1. shifted to API, Feedback :white_check_mark:
  2. contacted help :white_check_mark:
1 Like

Keep us posted with how that goes; I’ll turn notifications on for this thread :slight_smile:

(If anyone is having this problem in the short term, each user of the GPT Action can force a logout by going to the GPT → Privacy Settings → Connected Accounts and clicking ‘log out’ for your domain)

3 Likes

Your solution works, @huwsername

Thank you.

OpenAI team should document this.

The logout then re-login via privacy settings > connected accounts is not smooth, but at least it works.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Not a good end user experience at all. Needs fixing.

1 Like

I didn’t update this post, but you can implement revocation by using refresh tokens. Here’s my guide on that.

1 Like