O1 API access: I'm on Tier-1, how can I pay to upgrade to Tier-5?

Hi there, I want to use o1 but my organization is currently stuck on Tier-1. My understanding is I have to spend $1000 to get Tier-5. How exactly do I make that payment? The possible options I’ve seen say things like

Enter an amount between $5 and $59

I’ve been using the API for almost a year. What’s the solution?

You need to have spent that much in the past in total.

The tier system, before it was used to compel you to prepay more to obtain good service, was “trust tier” used to establish that you had a history of good payments before you could go nuts on the API with stolen cards or chargebacks.

The amount you can pay at once would seem to align with that, if you look at tier-1 also having a very low montly spend limit. Having paid $10, you can’t then hit a fraud card with $1000 automatically. You have to grow.

If a prepayment causes a qualification to be met, you’ll be bumped up. You can then observe your new tier and probably immediately make another payment.

Just observing that tier 5 is 30+ days of history when you calculate when to pay and how long you’ll have to wait before making a final (which can be small) “recalculate” payment.

To satisfy curiosity; “trusted” lets you pay more…

Untitled

2 Likes

Ok I see now, thanks you @_j.

Presumably access will be broadened in any case in good time?

I certainly can’t justify that spend at present but I’m Tier 4 so surely it can’t be long before I gain access?

1 Like