NPM package to parse and validate your plugin manifest

Hey!

While we are developing www.pluginlab.ai we are also releasing every library or tool that would be helpful for the community.

So we’ve just released an npm lib that allows you to parse and validate any plugin manifest.

It’s written in Typescript and allows you to get a typesafe check of the manifest format but also to ensure some constraints (such as the legal_info , contact_info and api.url fields of the manifest) are respecting the guideline explained in the official documentation.

I hope it could be useful for some of you guys :slight_smile:

It’s available and documented here:

Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks great Kevin, thanks for sharing this! I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Cool :slight_smile:

Happy to get some feedback!

Looks interesting, how is different than just using a swagger npm?

Hey thanks for asking!

Actually, this lib does not parse the OpenAPI specification. Although it parses the OpenAI plugin manifest :slight_smile:

Keep in mind the OpenAI plugin specification is just a swagger specification with no modifications required.

I guess we are not talking about the same thing. We are talking about the manifest. Even though it contains a link to the OpenAPI specs, this is not even close to the openAPI specs. :slight_smile:

Oh, I assumed you were talking about the Specification since the manifest is just simple static text file. Not sure if i follow how this would be useful since the ChatGPT plugins system already validates the manifest, and it’s one time function.

1 Like

Since we are building tools that require to validate the manifest, it was helpful for us.
It might be helpful for other developers I guess. :slight_smile:

But I agree as a plugin dev you don’t need it.

Thank you for this Kevin! Do you have a Twitter/Mastodon account to follow your work?

Hey!

Thanks for asking.
Yeah you can follow me here, I will share every news about pluginlab.ai and cool stuff we opensource :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/kevinpiac

1 Like

Awesome! Following you now :grin:

1 Like