No assistant found with id 'asst-...'

I am using the API to try and create a chatbot with an assistant. When I go to create a run, I put the assistant_id in the body and I get this error:
{
“error”: {
“message”: “No assistant found with id ‘asst_…’.”,
“type”: “invalid_request_error”,
“param”: null,
“code”: null
}
}
This is only true for my assistants that are a part of an organazation. Ones that are “Personal” work perfectly. I have had this issue with multiple different assistants, made at different times. But when the assistants are under an organzation it does not work.

1 Like

Hi

Having a similar issue (possibly minus the Organization bit). The assistant is retrieved successfully but when it’s id is passed to Create Run the endpoint with the correct thread_id the response is always “No assistant found with id…”

Would greatly appreciate some help as this is blocking me at the moment.

Thanks.

1 Like

Ok, solved this one, developer error: on serialisation and before sending the request to OpenAI the entire string is converted to lower case. Things like thread_id and assistant_id are case sensitive at the OpenAI endpoint and contain a mixture of CAPs and non-caps. So the assitant_id is kinda the same but not exactly. Hence the bug
:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Thanks for coming back to let us know. Hope you stick around. We’ve got a great community growing here.

2 Likes

Hopefully, others will now not make the same mistake. :+1:
Not going anywhere for the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

We often get problems or complaints, try to help and then dead air.

It is nice to see a solution to a problem posted and even nicer when the one posting the solution is by the one posting the question.

I agree with what Paul said.

1 Like

@lewissummers

Does the solution by @lewissummers solve your problem?

If so can you mark that as the solution by clicking image

Do you have any more questions?

Is it OK if a moderator closes this topic?

Also, please be specific when giving answers, all to often I see Yep and then have no idea what Yep applies to.

We are also getting a 404 error for our assistant created through the playground. I am wondering if the bug still exists?

We created the assistant at the playground and now trying to call it via the APIs.