Metatrader 5 EXPERT ADVISOR

I need help in building mql5 code for ea that counts number of ticks in a trading chart and resets after a set number of ticks and start The count again.

1 Like

Are you trying to get Codex to help you with this task? Iā€™m a bit confused.

Welcome to the forum!

I am on the same line, buddy!
ChatGPT seems SO promising for this stuff! no other feature could revolutionize so much as a better version which could really do it. BUT people are still shining their eyes with a normal conversation and not task-oriented-coding/creationā€¦
I have tried MQL5 but ChatGPT insists in using MQL4 functions, and most of the times it just doesnt even finishes its code(stop in a random character), although it SEEMS to BE CAPABLE OF DOING ITā€¦ OpenAI just needs to teach it better on how to program automated trading codesā€¦seems like it has only learnt by its own with google pages from 2004 lolā€¦ it would be a WAAAAY more important feature then making videos by its own, for exampleā€¦ but actually its just frustratingā€¦doesnt work for thisā€¦
just imagine how much attention it would bring to OpenIA once ChatGPT starts to do some trading algosā€¦ at least for technical analysis its just unable to understand anything you say to it.
I have 10+y of research in the area and I can tell that even not doing anything at all, up to now its already better than a lot of ā€œtrading algo free-lance programmersā€, it just needs to be updated for this purposeā€¦but IDK: i think openai is losing a great opportunity here to stand by as uniqueā€¦
when another company starts to make videos and images from text with good results, ChatGPT will be just a roommate for lonely peopleā€¦sad
for now we just wait till some company do itā€¦ for the pace this project(chargpt) is going, I dont think we can expect more than it does nowā€¦theyā€™re too busy updating chargpt with boring conversations i guess

AFL of Amibroker looks fantastic, i do a lot of things with that

Look at CommunityPower EA. Itā€™s not an AI solution but has a staggering number of functions and options that may be able to do exactly what youā€™re wanting. The author takes suggestions and requests on adding features and itā€™s completely free to boot.