Long Form Content Assistant

Hello…

I am trying to make a Long Form Assistant Prompt but I am not able to make it.

The Prompt should be able to write content like Blog Posts, emails, long-form emails etc.

1 Like

What’s your prompt look like currently?

Something like this

Write the next sentences of the blog content for the given blog title, blog content, keywords, and about this blog. 

About this Blog: This is an blog about affiliate marketing that will describe how you can earn money with affiliate marketing. It will take about exactly how the whole process works: who does what and when money is made. The blog takes you quite a while, but you’ll end up with a complete understanding of the mechanics, opportunity, and challenges associated with monetizing a site via affiliate marketing. 

Keywords: Affilate marketing, affiliate marketing Challeges, Making money

Blog Title: Things to Read Before You Start Affiliate Marketing

Blog content: We’ll be covering some of the nuances of affiliate marketing quite a bit on MonetizePros, sharing some ideas for better monetizing an existing traffic base with these strategies. But before we dive in to some of the specifics of this approach, we thought we’d share some of the best articles and blog posts out there on the topic to lay a foundation for the monetization tutorials. If you’re brand new to affiliate marketing, you may wish to read our primer: What Is Affiliate Marketing?

About this article: This is an article about affiliate marketing that will describe how you can earn money with affiliate marketing. It will take about exactly how the whole process works: who does what and when money is made. The article takes you quite a while, but you’ll end up with a complete understanding of the mechanics, opportunity, and challenges associated with monetizing a site via affiliate marketing.

What exact problems are you having?

The problem is that other tools like shortlyai, conversion ai , headline gives Good outputs in many cases but not my prompts

Keep playing with the prompt. Also, you might try giving GPT-3 at least one or two sentences of the article you want written. While GPT-3 is good at assisting writers, it’s not superb (yet) at long-form content on its own. You’ve got a good start of a prompt, but I would give GPT-3 the first two or three sentences of the article and see how it does. Hope that helps.

Also, keep in mind that you can’t exceed the limits stated by the the guidelines. You might want to change the workflow of your app too, not just the prompts.

1 Like

Remember the AI is great with content, but has no structure. It can expand on a point, but it won’t generate one. It’ll write enough to generate an idea that a human can spot but the AI won’t. The AI can’t create patterns, it bounces randomly from one concept to another. It reads books but doesn’t comprehend them.

You have to generate it one paragraph at a time. The best way I can think of is you write a few paragraphs until you get stuck, ask the AI to brainstorm the next paragraph for you, and you write some more. I tried to get it to generate a story about a man with a golden hand (literal gold) but has to hide it from people who want to steal it. The AI starts off fine with the story, then decides that he’s a baseball player, then goes on to generate his history with baseball, instead of focusing on the story about the hand.

For example in your case, you could ask it to generate a paragraph on:

• Affiliate marketing challenges
  • Affiliate marketing
  • Making money from affiliate marketing

Three different prompts at least.

You’ll also get much better results by giving a good example. It will write to the tone of whatever you give it. If you give it an example with 1 sentence, it’ll write a sentence. If you give it a 10 sentence paragraph, it’ll write a similar length paragraph. If you copy from Wikipedia or TV Tropes or Ozzy Osbourne lyrics, it’ll emulate the style.

1 Like

Here’s how I would approach this problem. All long-form content is developed iteratively by humans, so why not duplicate that behavior with GPT-3? Start with generating baseline assertions, brainstorming, and outlining. Then expand each section and stitch it all together. Here’s what I mean:

Write an outline for a blog post about affiliate marketing. This post should cover strategies for monetizing an existing traffic base:

-A quick definition of affiliate marketing
-How it differs from other methods of monetization
-Pros and cons to the method
-An introduction to services that can help in generating traffic 
-Some examples of niche market products

Then you ask it to expand on each point. Note: turning the temperature down to 0.5 seems to help:

Write the opening paragraph of a blog post about affiliate marketing. The overall post is about strategies for monetizing existing traffic. 

[PARAGRAPH] A quick definition of affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based advertising where affiliates promote the products and services of other companies. Affiliates typically earn commission from their sales. This post will discuss strategies for monetizing existing traffic to your website, which can be done through affiliate marketing. I'll also highlight some important things you should know before starting an affiliate program. Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based advertising where affiliates promote the products and services of other companies.

This iterative process can be easily automated with the API.

2 Likes

Yes, also wordtune did a good job too… not sure how did they achieve the good results? Can anyone share some insignts?

Prompt design is an iterative process. Achieving good results is all about reading the documentation, trying it out, and tweaking your instructions, examples, and parameters to iteratively improve results.

2 Likes

I’ve tried several times, sometimes good, sometimes weird.

First try

Write the opening paragraph of a blog post about wall mount kitchen faucets. The overall post is about design and advantages:

Wall mount kitchen faucets are generally defined as those that can be attached directly to the wall instead of the sink. The most important advantage over countertop mounted ones is therefore vertical space conservation, but there is also more design flexibility with this type. As a matter of fact, you could choose almost any shape for these modern installations, from contemporary and minimalistic to slightly exaggerated or even antique types depicting specific historic trends. They all come handy not only in those homes where repairs might be difficult because of lack of access routes behind pipes and other appliances – they have become increasingly popular lately among homeowners looking

Second try

Is there something wrong ?