How to get longer output

Hi:

I’m prompting the Playground to write a blog article of approx. 1000 words about a subject. I’ve already increased the max. length setting to 4000 tokens, but I’m only getting approx. 400 words. How to prompt to get longer/more content?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Try write to prompt something like: generate at least 800 words. and play with settings like presence, temperature etc. this works to me

Hi

We had the same problem
ChatGpt is totally incapable of counting words or characters or number of tokens in its answer.

By construction …

So you can spend hours to find prompts … You won’t find them as this is quite impossible.

But a trick that works well.

Tell it to write an answer with 20 paragraphs.

Then explain it the role of each paragraph

Paragraph_1 : general intro
Paragraph_2 …

Doing this it will to produce 20 paragraphs…

Ask it to answer as xml with tags

<Paragraph_1></Paragraph_1>
And so on

You will get 20 paragraphs
Then you can add some infos regarding each paragraph number of sentences…

Give good results to produce long text.

There is no need to do that in one request.

Try this prompt:

The following prompt is intended to describe specifically how to write a general table of contents on a specific topic.

The prompt uses the theme of broccoli. But you should abstract that to another topic, which I write after the prompt after the character string “Topic”, e.g. topic: strawberries.

You should then take the request and rephrase it accordingly:

I want to write a blog entry for the topic broccoli - one paragraph should be about eating and maybe also include a recipee, one should be about the possibilities to use it in healthcare etc…
Write an outline with 10 paragraphs and give me 2 sentences for each.

topic: SEO

create a json for that - no explanations, no resolutions, no polite phrases, no introduction, no questions.

Just the json!

Output format:

{
‘h1’: ‘headline for the blogpost’,
‘paragraphs’ : [
{‘h2’:‘the first sub headline’, ‘p’: ‘2 sentences of unique and informative introduction to the topic’},
{‘h2’:‘the second sub headline’, ‘p’: ‘2 sentences of unique and informative introduction to the topic’},
etc…
]
}

which will lead to somethign like this:

{
‘h1’: ‘Harnessing the Power of SEO: A Comprehensive Guide’,
‘paragraphs’: [
{‘h2’:‘Understanding SEO’, ‘p’: ‘Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a crucial aspect of digital marketing. It involves strategies to increase a website’s visibility on search engine results pages.’},
{‘h2’:‘Eating the SEO Elephant: Breaking it Down’, ‘p’: ‘SEO can seem overwhelming, but when broken down into its components like keywords, backlinks, and site architecture, it becomes more manageable.’},
{‘h2’:‘Keyword Optimization Strategies’, ‘p’: ‘Choosing the right keywords can propel your content to the top of search engine rankings. We discuss effective ways to research and implement relevant keywords.’},
{‘h2’:‘Leveraging Backlinks’, ‘p’: ‘Backlinks are essential to improving domain authority and SEO ranking. Here, we will explain how to acquire high-quality backlinks from reputable sites.’},
{‘h2’:‘Importance of Site Architecture’, ‘p’: ‘A well-structured site not only improves user experience but also enhances SEO. Learn about optimizing your site’s architecture for better crawlability and indexing.’},
{‘h2’:‘On-Page SEO Techniques’, ‘p’: ‘On-page SEO involves optimizing individual pages on your site. This includes enhancing meta tags, URL structure, and the overall content on the page.’},
{‘h2’:‘Off-Page SEO Techniques’, ‘p’: ‘Off-page SEO relates to actions taken outside of your own website that impact your rankings. This involves tactics like social networking, guest blogging, and forum participation.’},
{‘h2’:‘Technical SEO Aspects’, ‘p’: ‘Technical SEO refers to the non-content elements of your website. It involves aspects like site speed, mobile optimization, and XML sitemaps.’},
{‘h2’:‘Local SEO: Making Your Business Stand Out Locally’, ‘p’: ‘Local SEO helps your business visibility on location-based searches. It is crucial for businesses that serve their local community physically.’},
{‘h2’:‘SEO Analytics and Reporting’, ‘p’: ‘Monitoring your SEO strategies is crucial to measure their effectiveness. Here, we explore key SEO metrics and how to interpret them for continuous improvement.’}
]
}

You can then use that output and ask for a a detailled text to each paragraph.

(always add your previous generated text and prompt something like "do not repeat informations allready given in the following previously created paragraphs:

para1

para2

and so on…

Using crawlers and train that data to embeddings (e.g. documentations) also helps alot.
And if you want to write a long story you can add the previously created stuff into a graph db and ask that for each chapter for consistency with the previously created…

I mean that goes way better. I just wrote it real quick for you from memory.