Learned how to Code NextJS, Deploy a Build, Build API Routes and do full Authentication all with ChatGPT - You can too!

About a year ago I started on a journey with ChatGPT, I was amazed by the potential benefits of LLMs and was hooked. I thought about creating my own project that would use ChatGPT but enable TTS Capability to have a more immersive AI experience. The problem was I had no idea how to code, I started doing some research and found out about the APIs. From there I started learning with GPT how to write API Calls and created a jupyter notebook where I was able to connect OpenAI to GoogleTTS and 11labs APIs I was pretty stunned how it just ~worked. I was hooked and kept learning how to add more features, use different models etc.

I thought I would try to take it to the next level and build my own site, I own a couple of domains but had never done anything with them so I used one of them and learnt NextJS to deploy exofi.app on Vercel. I was happy but wanted to keep going and allow other people to use it so created an authentication system using Postgres SQL to allow users to sign up and log in to the app. Today the website is still up and running with almost 10,000 visitors to date, the UI/UX still has a long way to go an I’m learning about tailwind CSS and UI Libraries to overhaul the UI.

I just wanted to say to anyone who has thought about using ChatGPT to learn programming, or anything else to just go for it! I by no means would call myself a professional but I’m pretty amazed with how much I was able to accomplish using ChatGPT as a teacher, co-pilot, mentor and more.

For anyone who want’s to check out the website you can at exofi.app - It’s completely free and unlimited for registered users right now. I am working on a subscription model that would allow paid users to access more features that I am working on such as real-time multilingual voice translation and more.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I have just started learning to code myself, for the same reasons as you – excited about ChatGPT. But it can be very overwhelming with all this new knowledge. Nice to see that you are pushing through with some projects.

1 Like

Hi Brosowitzh, I started this project over a year ago and I didn’t have any idea how to write code. I started slowly asking GPT to be my teacher, I started with API Calls in a simply jupyter notebook (can look at google colab) from there I jumped into web development. The only real cost is registering a doman (from $10 USD). Or even completely free from a place like Vercel from there you can deploy your site with a vercel.xyz sit for free than switch over to a domain that you buy eventually. Take your time, and prepare to get a few errors and spend time debugging along the way and you will do great!

1 Like