Just showing some love and respect

Hi.

I tried ChatGPT for the first time today. I’m using it for a few hours now, and I think I still can’t believe it.

Being a long time AI enthusiast, I’m informed. I know exactly what it is, how it works, and what it can do. But experiencing it… I wasn’t prepared for this. ChatGPT explained to me (clearly) what the free energy principle is and what active inference is, and it happily wrote down an outline implementation in a few minutes long dialogue.

It feels like slowly learning the fact that aliens actually exist, and currently have an outpost on the hidden side of the moon, and people have been communicating with them for a few months already. And, they’re cool. See what I mean? The world is different now.

I just wanted to respectfully congratulate the million people behind ChatGPT, from the 1960 computer scientists to the 2023 student.

I also wanted to express, as if needed, the hope that ethics really is considered more important than anything else here. This is the moment of truth, where we shape our future.

Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

1 Like