Issue with OpenAI API: Incompatibility of Text Davinci 003 and GPT-3.5 Turbo with Specific Word "Ideation"

Dear OpenAI Support Team,

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I have encountered while using the OpenAI API with the Text Davinci 003 and GPT-3.5 Turbo models. It appears that these models are not functioning properly when processing a specific word “Ideation”.

Issue Description: When I provide the specific word “Ideation” as input to the Text Davinci 003 and GPT-3.5 Turbo models via the OpenAI API, the generated responses do not meet the expected behavior or produce the desired outputs it is throwing error. I have extensively tested both models with various inputs and confirmed that the issue is isolated to this particular word same got resolved when text transformed to lower casing.

Expected Outcome: I anticipate that the Text Davinci 003 and GPT-3.5 Turbo models, as part of the OpenAI API, should handle all inputs consistently, including the specific words in question, and generate relevant responses.

Please let me know if there is any additional information required or if there are specific troubleshooting steps I should undertake to assist in resolving this matter. I appreciate your prompt attention to investigating and resolving this issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Like